Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Campdave
Level 7

Low volume on hisense Roku tv

Hi,

Got a new roku hisense TV R43B7120UK about 10 days ago. Today I've noticed the volume is suddenly quite low, having not changed any settings. Audio seems low in some apps (iplayer, plex), having to crank up over 50 to make it audible. On Spotify, volume levels seem normal.

Powered off and on, and volume returned to normal, but a little while later was low on the same apps again. Obviously constantly powering on and off is not a solution. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ValaMcKay
Level 7

Re: Low volume on hisense Roku tv

Same here yet can’t find anything to fix it except having to buy a sound bar which is ridiculous as I just bought a brand new tv! You would think Hisense and Roku would work together on their sound quality. 

@Campdave wrote:

Hi,

Got a new roku hisense TV R43B7120UK about 10 days ago. Today I've noticed the volume is suddenly quite low, having not changed any settings. Audio seems low in some apps (iplayer, plex), having to crank up over 50 to make it audible. On Spotify, volume levels seem normal.

Powered off and on, and volume returned to normal, but a little while later was low on the same apps again. Obviously constantly powering on and off is not a solution. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
prodiac
Level 7

Ever find anything with this issue? I had this happen on day 2 of having my brand new  HiSense 65" Roku TV. It was happening for several hours. I eventually just turned off the TV and got fed up with it and left. Came back later and all was fine. A simple power off and on during this did not resolve it, though. It was happening in all apps I tried. Hulu, Plex, Youtube, Disney+. 

The issue has not yet come back, and I hope it doesn't. But I am still searching on the issue just in case. I am tempted to return the TV. 

0 Kudos
Campdave
Level 7

Still happens periodically. Fine for a few weeks then sound very low. Power off and on seems to resolve each time. 

0 Kudos
mfalk46
Level 7

We purchased a 58" Hisense Roku TV at Walmart two days ago, and we had a show paused for maybe 20 minutes to run an errand, came back to resume the show and we could barely hear it. No settings were changed during this period. What we once watched on 30/100 volume, now has to be on at least 80/100 to even hear it somewhat similarly. 

Edit: I have just found a solution at least for now. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again in the future. 

I did a system reset on the TV. It can be found in the Roku TV settings under System->Power->then choose System restart. It took about 30 seconds to reboot and voila! The sound was back along with the quality. 

I hope this works for you all too. 

Beemerchef27
Level 7

Sound Settings and arrow right and make sure TruSurround and TruVolume are both turned on. The newest update turned both of my settings off. Volume should be back to normal after turning both of those on again. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Beemerchef27
Level 7

make sure TruSurround and TruVolume are turned back on after the newest update. For some reason the update turns them off. This worked for me and my volume is normal again.

0 Kudos
Dermot2927
Level 7

Just bought mine two days ago, sound and picture are both appalling. I’ve tried your fix… In settings I have “audio”. From that I can get to speakers, menu volume, audio preferred language and S/PDIF + Arc. I can’t find either of the settings you mention.
The picture is like it’s on full brightness, although I have it on the darkest setting. I just hope the store takes it back - it’s a cheap piece of junk. 

0 Kudos
Bripdel
Level 7

Same problem after a couple months. Unplug it for a few seconds. I just did it and it’s fine now. 

ES53
Level 7

It is not easy to find how to adjust sound on roku tvs!! 

Whilst watching a program 

-PRESS * on your remote and Scroll down to SOUND MODE

-there you can CHANGE to various modes including theatre, bass, treble, speech 

Also: PRESS * on your remote, and scroll to AUDIO SETTINGS, where you have MORE CHOICES including the true sound etc. 

Enjoy

0 Kudos