Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Low volume on hisense Roku tv

Hi,

Got a new roku hisense TV R43B7120UK about 10 days ago. Today I've noticed the volume is suddenly quite low, having not changed any settings. Audio seems low in some apps (iplayer, plex), having to crank up over 50 to make it audible. On Spotify, volume levels seem normal.

Powered off and on, and volume returned to normal, but a little while later was low on the same apps again. Obviously constantly powering on and off is not a solution. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Low volume on hisense Roku tv

Same here yet can’t find anything to fix it except having to buy a sound bar which is ridiculous as I just bought a brand new tv! You would think Hisense and Roku would work together on their sound quality. 

@Campdave wrote:

Hi,

Got a new roku hisense TV R43B7120UK about 10 days ago. Today I've noticed the volume is suddenly quite low, having not changed any settings. Audio seems low in some apps (iplayer, plex), having to crank up over 50 to make it audible. On Spotify, volume levels seem normal.

Powered off and on, and volume returned to normal, but a little while later was low on the same apps again. Obviously constantly powering on and off is not a solution. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ever find anything with this issue? I had this happen on day 2 of having my brand new  HiSense 65" Roku TV. It was happening for several hours. I eventually just turned off the TV and got fed up with it and left. Came back later and all was fine. A simple power off and on during this did not resolve it, though. It was happening in all apps I tried. Hulu, Plex, Youtube, Disney+. 

The issue has not yet come back, and I hope it doesn't. But I am still searching on the issue just in case. I am tempted to return the TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Still happens periodically. Fine for a few weeks then sound very low. Power off and on seems to resolve each time. 

0 Kudos