Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tlalk

Lost roku remote and got new internet now I can’t use my roku tv. How can I fix this?

How can I get my new internet on my tv without having to buy a new tv? I lost the remote and have no idea where it might be.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost roku remote and got new internet now I can’t use my roku tv. How can I fix this?

You have to have a physical remote.  It probably doesn't have to be a Roku remote.  What's the model of your TV (e.g., TCL, Onn, Hisense, etc.)?  @Tivoburkee can probably tell you what you need.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost roku remote and got new internet now I can’t use my roku tv. How can I fix this?

You can purchase the roku voice remote from walmart or best buy. It won't work out of the box it has to be paired to roku tv. 

Also at Walmart they have One-For-All urc-7935 streamer universal that works great on roku tv's. Have three on my Tcl, Insignia, and Hisense Roku tv's. 

If you have UEI made cable remote, if it takes 5 digit codes its made by UEI, I can probably give you the commands to work the roku tv. Name the brand and model of remote? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Tlalk , My TCL tv has menu navigation buttons on either side of the power button. I think I would be able to connect to a new network that way. (I don't think I'd need a remote to do that.). Have I misunderstood this?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos