Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost RokuTV remote

Hi I have a problem and I can’t find a solution to it. I lost my TLC RokuTV remote and I am not connected to the WiFi on said tv so I can’t do anything nor use mobile phone I’ve heard about a panel button near the blinking light for volume which is a major problem for me and I can’t find it and I all I see is one power button which is useless and if you could help me understand how and where to find use and get it I will be grateful

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Pissed off and in need of help

Buy a new remote control. Here's one at Amazon for $7.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

So yeah, since you aren't connected to a network, you'll either have to buy a remote or borrow one.  Any TCL Infrared remote will work on the TV also.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

That remote can be replaced cheaply and you'll be back good as new..  If the ROKU hasn't been hard reset, it will attempt to log into the WIFI SSID&password it last logged into, so duplicate that using a router or smartphone set up same as the Roku is looking for and you're in with the smartphone app  Can't reconfigure the Roku featurefunctions till it's at least connected Ethernet or WIFI.

I dunno, does that TCL have an ethernet connector?  I haven't played with Roku on router ethernet but you might get in that way?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Tcl uses a very old code set that's been around over twenty years, you have an old cable remote, DirecTV remote or of "OFA" universal remote laying around?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

My Sharp Roku TV also responds to my Vizio remote. Both of course are IR remotes, but both displays are near each other and it's annoying that they interact. I have to cover the IR port on the Vizio with a piece of heavy paper to block the TV's remote.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

Yes, it's fortunate in some cases a few brands of Roku TV's use the identical or subset of remote signals.  Here's a partial list that might shine some light on this invisible subject
https://codesforuniversalremotes.com/re ... -roku-tvs/
0 Kudos