Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost IR control of TCL 55S403 Roku TV after 8.1 update

My TCL 5S403 TV updated to 8.1 on 7/17/2018, and ever since then the TV will not respond to IR commands. It won't respond to the factory remote, nor to the IR commands from my Control4 automation system. Prior to this update, everything worked fine. It does respond to IP commands from the Roku app. Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks.
Ian.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Lost IR control of TCL 55S403 Roku TV after 8.1 update

Mine has been fine.  Same unit.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

It could be interference from another light source in the area.. make sure nothing has changed in that area.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

It’s not due to any light in the room. Nothing has changed in the room. It just stopped responding to any IR codes. The white light that is illuminated while the unit is off doesn’t flicker when a command is issued, as it used to. It might be a hardware failure and just a coincidence that it happened right after the update. I’m hoping someone else out there is having a similar experience.
Thanks.
Ian.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Weird.. just a suggestion.. try pulling power to the TV for a minute and letting it power back on from a full power reset. Worked in IT for years (not anymore), and hard reboots seem to fix a lot of quirks.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
4d3fect
Level 7

I noticed the volume indicator on mine changed from a bar to a circle, other than that, all is well. *shrugs*
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos