Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet connection on a wired system with my TCL-Roku TV

Hi - we have a TCL-Roku TV, and after a software update about three weeks ago, we starting having issues several times a day when the set will tell us it's disconnected, even though it's a hard wired Ethernet connection with our cable router, and everything in the house is still working.  We'd never experienced this problem until after the most recent software update. It generally will clear up once we exit the program we're using and do a connectivity check, but occasionally, it will not reconnect with that check until AFTER we go back into our cable TV setting and back out. I looked around on the software screens on the machine and it says we're on the current update. Is there any way to fix this issue? It's becoming quite an irritant. I mean, it was only happening every couple days at first, and now as noted above, it's happening multiple times a day.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Losing internet connection on a wired system with my TCL-Roku TV

@PopcornNRoses 

Thanks for the post.

When your TV notifies you that you are disconnected, are you unable to continue streaming content or does it halt all playback?

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Losing internet connection on a wired and wireless system with my Element Roku TV

2 month old element tv. Losing connection when I turn it off and then turn it back on. Does it in wireless and wired. Restart modem, unplug tv , the whole nine yards! Yes, I Updated too! Element 55 inch 

roku tv 7815x

model E4AA55r

serial number YN00U3165765

software 10.5.0 build 4210-AM

device ID OJ817U165765

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Losing internet connection on a wired and wireless system with my Element Roku TV

@Bbaaspencer1

Thanks for the post.

Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ebonnell

Re: Losing internet connection on a wired and wireless system with my Element Roku TV

I have to ask, since I am having the same problem (wired),,,why does it matter who the ISP is when it is wired?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ebonnell

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried restarting your Router? Is there any error message when trying to connect? May we know whether Roku is detecting the network?

We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku device and checking if these steps would resolve your connectivity issue:
How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos