Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfd600

Looking for some help/home theater and surround sound system setup

I have a 65in TCL Roku TV and use an Onkyo AV receiver with Dish Network as my satellite provider. 

My issue is I am watching my satellite dish and then I decide to switch to let's say Paramount +or some other Roku channel/app but the sound doesn't switch. I put Paramount + on the TV but the sound coming from my surround sound speakers is still the channel I was watching on the satellite dish. On the screen, you see Paramount + and the sound for that only comes from the TV while I still hear the satellite dish in the surround sound speakers.

I am sure it's got to be some setup issue or something but I have not been able to figure it out. Does anyone else have had this issue and know how to correct it?   If anyone can offer some advice I would be very grateful! THank you. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Looking for some help/home theater and surround sound system setup

@cfd600

Thanks for post.

Can you please clarify how your devices are connect? Are you connecting the satellite connection to the TV or the receiver?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos