Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Local channel "favorites" on RokuTV

Jump to solution

I don’t know what ever made them think choosing our favorites for us was a good idea or that some computer would be able to figure that out for us. They took that control away from us along with choosing our bandwidth speed, that we too used to be able to change. I was using a Amazon Fire Cube for a while till I got tired of how slow it was & of the buffering issues. I got the Roku Ultra for the Ethernet port & better picture, etc. After finding it was a HUGE data eater, with no way to change that, I’m back on my original old Roku TV with WiFi and it’s only taken a couple weeks to pack up the Ultra & hope the new cube goes back on sale before my return date passes. I’ll never buy a Roku product again, unless they give up their need to control the things the paying customers should have the decisions over! 

Level 7

Jump to solution

You are so right. Favorites, either on the antenna or Roku channels should be manually controlled by the user. After all, when you know how to do one, you can do both. And to remove the favorite channels from the overall channel lineup is totally crazy. Took me a long time to understand there is no logic to this issue. Not intuitive and not user-friendly.

Tags (1)
Level 7

Jump to solution

Like everything else they just want to come up with a way for you to pay for your favorites since everything about this brand is how to get you to subscribe  (PAY$)

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, you can absolutely watch local antenna channels with a Roku stick, but the menu has a preferences option.  Why they steal that option away on Roku tv's??

Tags (1)