Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local channel "favorites" on RokuTV

Jump to solution
Why cant we add a channel to favorites on our own. This was an available option before (the heart). I should be able to add my own favorites not what the T.V. thinks are my favorite.
Level 7

Re: Local channel "favorites"

Jump to solution

I can't use the * to make favorites either. Now I have a bunch of Spanish channels I never have watched. Please ring back the ability to create (heart) favorite programs.

Level 8

Jump to solution

i thought it was just me.  there was a page you could click on each channel you wanted in your favorites and it would have a heart.  is it still there somewhere?

Level 14

Jump to solution

@Gmarie0524a wrote:

i thought it was just me.  there was a page you could click on each channel you wanted in your favorites and it would have a heart.  is it still there somewhere?

No. They removed the ability to set your own FAVORITES when they introduced the SMART GUIDE feature.

You can now enable a FAVORITE CHANNELS feature, but the Roku OS decides what your 'favorite' channels are by putting the most frequently watched channels at the top of the guide. A 'feature' that I am guessing nobody really desires. The ability to set our own 'favorite' channels to be at the top of the guide is much more useful, whether I watch a channel 'a lot' or not. It might be one I want at the top of the guide to see what specifically is on at that time.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
Level 8

Jump to solution

i found a way on mine.  go to settings and click on preferences.....a page shows up with every channel option.  when you click on the ones you like, they go to your favorites instead of all channels.  my roku tv is different than the stick roku.

Level 14

Jump to solution

@Gmarie0524a wrote:

i found a way on mine.  go to settings and click on preferences.....a page shows up with every channel option.  when you click on the ones you like, they go to your favorites instead of all channels.  my roku tv is different than the stick roku.

I don't think anyone in this thread is talking about a Roku stick. Roku TV is the only device that supports Over-the-Air channels. There currently is no option to set your own individual favorite channels. I don't see a SETTINGS -- PREFERENCES option on my Roku TV. Perhaps you are referencing the EDIT CHANNEL LINEUP settings where you can choose specific channels that you wish to HIDE from the channel guide. That is not the same as wanting to select your own favorite channels that you with to have at the top of the guide, regardless of how often you tune to them.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
Tags (1)
Level 7

Jump to solution

I *DON'T* want to Hide channels ... I just want, like in pre-8.0, to click a HEART ICON, and have my FAVORITES _appear_FIRST_ in the listing of TV Channels ... 

I want:

-ABC

-CBS

-NBC

-FOX

-PBS

at the top of my list,

then the rest of them can continue in numerical order. ... FOX is channel 36.1, where I live; I need to scroll through a whole bunch of channels I don't care about (other, than RARE occassions - otherwise, I'd hide them), in order to find out what's on.

During Football season, I want to see which games are on which networks, on the same screen, so I can decide ... When I had favorites, I could do this.

At the very least, GIVE ME THE OPTION TO USE FAVORITES.

C'mon - you spy on my TV usage and share the data anyway; don't you want to know what I REALLY WANT?!  It's to have the FRIGGIN' FAVORITES !!!

ROKU Support person seems unaware of how things used to work ... that's what happens, when you outsource support to low-wage workers, who are constantly leaving for the next better-paying job ...

@Mishlz wrote:
It’s a shame the Roku community guy who always seems to chime in doesn’t know more about the devices. If you go under the settings/antenna-disable favorites. There is an option around there to manage your channels where you can “Hide” the ones you don’t want to see. You go through every single channel, There is a preview screen that is nice, and check the box if you don’t want that channel in your lineup. When you flip through channels next time, only the channels you want to see will be there. I agree the favorite option was nice, but this is better then letting the tv choose for you.

Level 8

Jump to solution

Well said StufischSC I agree 100%

Level 7

Jump to solution

Joined the forum just to +1 this thread and @StufischSC's comment. This is an insane way to watch TV, one station I like to watch is 28.2 -- it takes forever to scroll there. WTF Roku? Just bought one of these. I never thought to think this would NOT be a feature of a new television; my 10+ year old Toshiba had favorites.

Level 7

Jump to solution

How rokuTV implemented favorites on your local channels SUCKS!!! Are these people stupid or what? To have the TV decide weather to add a channel (or remove?) to favorites or not based on some hidden algorithm with the user having NO CONTROL AT ALL, IS TOTAL GARBAGE! What were you thinking? FOOL.  I will return this piece of **bleep** back to the store I bought it from IMMEDIATELY.  I am in control of my TV, get it? I will decide what should be a favorite and what should not, get it? And of course you NEVER address this in your PATHETIC (read:useless) owners manual. You never even address how to scan channels after the initial setup in this toilet paper rag. GARBAGE!!!

I am returning this POS to the store and buying a SAMSUNG TV with no roku. If I want it, I'll use a stand alone roku box.

It's clear to me that whoever makes this poor excuse for a TV does not own one or watch one, in short doesn't have a clue in **bleep** what they are doing.