Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DW2
Level 7

Re: Local channel "favorites" on RokuTV

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 3 Series Roku TV that does not even create a Favorite List and I have had it a month.  I know the TCL 4 Series does create automatically a Favorite List.  What is the problem?

And... please bring back the ability to create our own lists!!!

Highlighted
DocGee
Level 7

Jump to solution

Two years and no movement on this.

I like having the favorites but Roku’s algorithm for setting them is not perfect. Pretty short-sighted to assume it is and then to take over a customer’s interface in this way, though. I spent a couple days wondering why channels had disappeared from the channel guide, until I finally noticed they had been moved.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thanks for the note. This is likely due to a setting adjustment that you may need to make. Go to Settings>TV inputs>Antenna TV>Favorite channels and make sure this option is selected. Favorite channels will populate first in the channel guide based on frequency of usage. 

Let us know if this helps clear up the issue! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
DocGee
Level 7

Jump to solution

NO!!!

We already know how to turn Favorites on and off. I understand the software watches our viewing and makes choices for our Favorites, which would be cool if it were always right. But it’s not, and there’s no way to make corrections manually.

A second issue caused by Favorites: we find channels missing from the main lineup and have to go somewhere else to find the one we want if it’s a Favorite. That’s MORE clicks to get where we’re going, assuming we even understand Favorites have been moved. (This is what happens when Favorites is turned on by default. New owners have no reason to know where their most-viewed channels disappeared to, just that something is wrong with the tv or antenna.) Leave the main line-up intact, so 8.1 is right before 8.2, and so on. The Favorites scheme should not alter this.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the thoughts. We're always looking for ways to continue improving and appreciate the feedback. 

Please feel free to add a kudo to the request for this feature here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/Feature-Request-Allow-users-to-Self-select-Antenna-T...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
WalkerTJ
Level 8

Re: Local channel "favorites"

Jump to solution

I agree that they should bring back the ability for a user to select which channels are favorites.

Highlighted
Mishlz
Level 9

Jump to solution
It’s a shame you don’t know mire about the Roku devices and how they function. There is a better solution to this problem.
Highlighted
Mishlz
Level 9

Jump to solution
It’s a shame the Roku community guy who always seems to chime in doesn’t know more about the devices. If you go under the settings/antenna-disable favorites. There is an option around there to manage your channels where you can “Hide” the ones you don’t want to see. You go through every single channel, There is a preview screen that is nice, and check the box if you don’t want that channel in your lineup. When you flip through channels next time, only the channels you want to see will be there. I agree the favorite option was nice, but this is better then letting the tv choose for you.
Highlighted
Mishlz
Level 9

Jump to solution
There is a better solution out there.
Highlighted
blade_005
Level 13

Jump to solution

'Hiding' channels is nice, but not a solution to people just wanting the ability to set their own unique set of FAVORITE channels. A very simple feature that was removed when they went to the SMART GUIDE feature. Not very 'Smart' if I can't set my own favorites to be at the top of my Guide list.

And hiding channels is great until the next time you need to re-scan for new channels or updated frequencies in your area and these all get removed and you have to start the process again.

TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K