Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Try a 12" to 2 foot cord - keep the heat down

@Darkeyez wrote:

On a separate note, if it's possible to record live tv with just a flash drive like this, why isn't there a similarly simple diy DVR solution?

Far more complex to program a DVR, for a likely limited number of end users. There's only so much operational memory on the TV, and it's mostly taken up with the existing OS. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
salado
Channel Surfer

Correction: its been 2 years since I had any live TV issues with a thumb drive since I put the cable on.

The only comp. I know that sells OTA DVR's is: https://www.channelmaster.com/collections/set-top-boxes

good luck with your reader !!  regards

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

0 Kudos
Darkeyez
Reel Rookie

Understood.

I lazily used "DVR" when I meant within the scope of Live TV Pause. One channel at a time is fine. I'm wondering if it's possible to to extend the record time beyond 90 minutes, basically. Feel like it shouldn't be too complicated if we've come this far.

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Re: Live tv pause not working

Solved!  I recognized symptoms of dirty contacts.  I sprayed the USB port on the TV and the USB Stick  with CRC QD Electronic Cleaner.  Plugged the stick back in and live pause is working great.  KOW

0 Kudos
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

On my 55" TCL Tv, live TV pause will work for the first 10 minutes or so of a program.  Then hitting pause or rewind does nothing.  I also think it hates golf.  Every weekend I wish to rewind the game but it fails.  Along with this you can't even change the channel or bring up the TV guide.  I don't know if the 2 are related.

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Well Folks it did not work using Contact cleaner sorry.  I'll keep experimenting.

0 Kudos
salado
Channel Surfer

Re: Live tv pause - still works on extension

still works. ok for me! 6/07/23          I posted this 2 1/2 yrs ago.

05/30/2020 12:18 PM

Correction: its been 2 years since I had any live TV issues with a thumb drive since I put the cable on.

Picked my cord up at Walgreens, www.amazon.com/12-ft-usb-cable/s?k=12+ft+usb+cable

0 Kudos