Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveJB
Channel Surfer

Re: Live tv pause not working

wouldn't you think that they would acknowledge this as a system restraint and state that you will need to replace the drive after a so  many hours of use..?  or something like that?

0 Kudos
otawatcher
Reel Rookie

The usb sticks only last so long, if you watch a lot of ota the number of re-writes on the stick wipes them out. I have started using a micro sd card with a usb adaptor, so far no problems for a few months now.

lars25
Reel Rookie

Same problem.

First  USB was 16gig, next one 256gig. 
worked for a while after changing it. 
reformatted it which didn’t work at all. 
Seems the only thing I haven’t tried is to reset TV to factory settings, which I hate to do for obvious reasons. Wonder if anyone have tried that? doubt that would work! 
seems to be common problem. 

0 Kudos
otawatcher
Reel Rookie

Its almost always the stick/card that has gone bad, 256 will work but is a waste, 16 is the max it will utilize.

The number of re-writes on the devices makes them fail, you can re-format them but they still wont work in the tv. I'm trying hi endurance micro sd...so far so good.

0 Kudos
Smartisdumb
Reel Rookie

I tried a full factory reset and the problem persists

0 Kudos
lars25
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. 
someone suggested to try a microSD card with a micro USB adaptor. 
I ordered one, so we’ll see. 

0 Kudos
scj

Now when we pause a YouTube TV program with our Roku sticks, the pause won't last long; then it jumps randomly to some Roku ad or service we don't subscribe to, and when we try to unpause, we have to work hard to get out of that and back into YoutubeTV to find our programs again. Very annoying and time consuming. This started very recently on all our streaming Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Plantmom

Ours quit working a couple days ago, after using the USB flash drive for a few months.

My son, who is a computer whiz, told us that the flash drives aren't made to handle this kind of usage. He suggested using a USB external hard drive, so we will be trying that next.

I think it's crazy to have to keep spending money every few months on a new flash drive. Hopefully, Roku will improve this feature in the future to use something other than a flash drive that needs to be repeatedly replaced.

Jayaro
Streaming Star

Like others mentioned here, I had the best luck with a micro SD card and a USB adapter.

Recently I tried a brand new sandisk 32gb flash drive and it couldn’t keep up. Then I put the old micro SD card back in and that was having problems again. Part of me thinks it’s software related too.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Interesting Ive never had problems with my Ultra but Im lead to ask how much SD memory is applicable

and what filesystem need it be formatted and what speed if applicable. I just wanna experiment with one.

Do you guys know???

@RokuDanny-R  or @atc98092 or @Tivoburkee 

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos