Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klsedina
Reel Rookie

Re: Live tv pause not working

My Live TV Pause has started WORKING again on my TCL Smart Roku TV! After three 16 GB Memorex (2 of 3 never worked), I bought a 32 GB ScanDisk, voila!

Also, although not as convenient, I no longer leave the USB in 24/7, thinking less wear & tear, especially channel changing. I do expect to buy USBs every so often, hopefully ~once a year.

SteveJB
Channel Surfer

I switched out the USB drive and pause is working again..   Maybe I should keep track on date installed, see how long it lasts. 

CABurchfield
Channel Surfer

I use pause live TV all the time, (I'm a cord cutter) and this is my 3rd flash drive, on my 8 month old TLC 55" Roku TV.

Smartisdumb
Reel Rookie

I have run into the same problem, BUT a superbug version where switching to a new USB stick did not rectify it. I have factory reset the tv and did so before inserting a brand new USB straight from the package. It still won’t record properly and blanks out every few seconds until I removed the drive. 

I would believe it is a pvr issue where the tv is not handling the writing to the USB drive properly. 

I have contacted support, but will return the tv as it is only 2 months old

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
CABurchfield
Channel Surfer

@Smartisdumb What brand TV do you have?

0 Kudos
Smartisdumb
Reel Rookie

@CABurchfield 

Hisense 55r6109

0 Kudos

I have a USB attached to my tv but my rewind is not working at all. 

0 Kudos
CABurchfield
Channel Surfer

My TCL 55" went through 4 USB flash drives in less than 12 months and unit is still under warranty.  After several emails with TCL support they sent a technician to replace the main board.  Took about 15 minutes to make repairs.  I will do a follow up after a few months to see if problem is fixed.

sloganx

Exact same thing happens to me. I am very surprised they released this functionality with either little testing or knowing it was buggy. 

0 Kudos
sloganx

Normal, you can only rewrite data so many times