Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Live tv guide skips when scrolling

roku has suddenly started popping up "Promoted" channels as I attempt to scroll through the live TV guide. And they just appear as I scroll, making it **bleep** frustrating to pick my channel. 

Also, as I scroll through channels, the guide often skips channels and I have to back up. I assume this is because of the loading of promoted channels in the background. 

then there's the switch back up to the recents and losing my place  

i have asked Roku to make their  live channel guide easier to use in the past. Somehow, they've made it far more difficult and frustrating. 

God this is a horrible user experience.  

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live tv guide skips when scrolling

@IHiJump
Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R   Your every post claims that giving you all that information will enable the "team" to "further investigate" this or any issue, yet we NEVER see any of these investigations come up with any solutions or fixes!!!  Roku is currently one big mess, with plenty of users posting about it, and for months & months. It sure doesn't take all those specific details for your tech people to understand what all these problems are. And how many different people have to complain about the same things, before ANY action takes place? Program Guides work pretty well on about every other platform but Roku, and the same with remote controls!  How about some actual solutions instead of your rote response to every person's comments...

0 Kudos
TheNachoCheese
Binge Watcher

Yep after many years of basically trouble-free usage of Roku's, we own 4 of various models, this year has been one headache after another. My Premiere remote literally stopped working as I was navigating menus a week ago and no solutions or resets fixed it. I've had it and got 2 Apple TV's on a good Amazon deal today. Roku is headed in the wrong direction, all the signs are there, and it's sad to witness.