Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burrows20
Binge Watcher

Live free channels

I’m still getting these free channels mixed in with my cable. I have a 32 inch and 43 inch . I have tried turning setting on and off, unplugging tv and rescanning cable channels

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live free channels

Hi @Burrows20,

Thanks for the post.

If you wish to only see TV listings for "over-the-air" channels, you can hide all the streaming TV channels from Live TV Channel Guide using these steps: Settings > TV inputs > Hide streaming TV channels then Check the box next to Hide all. 

I've provided links to go into further detail: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287 

We hope that's helpful!

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Burrows20
Binge Watcher

I did that!  Must be glitch 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Burrows20 , Someone else reported not having the hide-all option (or it didn't hide the new streaming channels). I looked back a few pages and that thread didn't jump out to me. But, I'm positive I've seen this at least once before. You're not the only one.

My antenna tv experience was ruined by the 9.4 update. I found that doing a factory reset (but telling the initial setup I don't have internet) installed what appears to be an older version of the software. (No 1000+ steaming channels. Favorites worked again. Continuous channel changing worked again.).

Looking back at how long this disaster has been allowed to continue, that might be your best option. If you use Roku for streaming, just spend $22 on a Firestick Lite, and stream through HDMI. Basically, turn your too-smart TV into a dumb TV, and be done with it. Not as elegant as a "do it all" TV. But, it's not doing it all very well. So?

I've disconnected both my tvs to protect them from further untested updates. Initially, I thought the no-network (basic) software was something embedded in the tv. Something I could always get to as a last resort. But, forum user sksR said he believes it's being updated too. To me, it doesn't look anything like 9.4. So, I didn't think it was. But, if it is 9.4 and subject to further update, then it's worth keeping in mind that you might lose the ability to get back to that level of functionality. (I.e., I'd think twice about connecting to the internet again if you do this. You might not be able to get back to this.).

Just an option worth mentioning. It's not elegant. Multiple remotes to deal with. Lots to dislike. But, for me it seems like less to dislike than what we're having forced upon us.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Burrows20
Binge Watcher

I have hide option but it doesn’t work at hiding channels.  I got a Chromecast with remote when they had hbo max dispute.  I use when Roku acts up now 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Burrows20 wrote: I have hide option but it doesn’t work at hiding channels. 

I think that's what I saw previously. If a formal bug tracking system existed, it would be easier to keep track of these things. For some reason Roku doesn't want that kind of clarity.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos