Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritzaaa
Level 7

Live TV not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I own an Onn. Roku TV. Starting from last night, live TV no longer works. Whenever I switch to it, it hands on the antenna logo and does nothing. I've rescanned for cable channels and it says it only finds one. I manually try to update the system, it says its been updated.

I have another TV that isn't Onn. Roku but uses Roku express and I can switch over to my AT&T cable just fine.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ritzaaa
Level 7

Re: Live TV not working

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset on the TV. It was a pain to have to set everything back up but it seemed to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try to perform a manual update on your Roku TV to the latest update and check to see if you are experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

71 Replies
JRambo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Since the system update on Roku last night I am having the same problem. The only channel on "Live TV" is the Roku streaming channel in Spanish.  I have tried all the scans, deletions and restarts and nothing has worked in getting the live cable tv back up again.  All other tv's in the house are working fine.

Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a onn roku Tv and live Tv is not working and I have tried everything switching out antennas and reset it and also the Roku channel is not working as well ... I like to watch my local stations please respond back 

ritzaaa
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset on the TV. It was a pain to have to set everything back up but it seemed to have fixed the issue.

AngieCarlisle
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have done the factory reset with no success. The Roku channel as well as a couple of other channels will not work as well. Who do we call? Roku or cable provider? Cable is working fine in other rooms

JonDom5663
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing. Any Roku channel and the live TV on my Onn. Roku TV is NOT working. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please make sure that you have checked for a manual update on your Roku TV to see if the issue is resolved. For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model or Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wolfeerica93
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a dead link... please verify your link @RokuDanny-R 

Update: thank you for fixing.

rigveda
Level 7

Jump to solution

-Roku device model or Roku TV brand and model - 7817X element tv 65"
-serial number - YN00GC031734
-device ID - 0L508G031734
-software OS/version - 9.4.2:4063

it is stuck at antenna logo.

Keithlg1
Level 8

Re: Live TV not working on Roku TV

Jump to solution

For this issue factory reset does not work. I have done that twice now and when you follow setup it just updates with latest update rendering this an exercise in futility. I haven't been able to watch my antenna channels for 2 day now. Restarted multiple times and nothing resolves this. When you click on the Live Channel input, you just get a big Antenna logo and nothing happens.