Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterdawn
Reel Rookie

Live TV not working - Nov 2021

My Roku updated Nov 17 early am. Now I am unable to view Live TV - the screen stays on the Antenna logo, but then the screen goes black. I have rescanned channels and it reports that it has 3 (my usual number), but when I go to view I get the logo and then blank screen. Please help!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV not working - Nov 2021

@waterdawn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
waterdawn
Reel Rookie

Here is the info you requested: 

Model: 5404X Insignia, Serial: SN007F728294, Device ID: 6JV617728294, Software OS: 10.5.0

No screen capture. It used to show Live TV on the main menu. Now when I go to main menu, if I chose the Live TV section (which is set up with an antenna), the system hold on the Live TV logo page, then goes black and the system appears to reboot (repeatedly) - the system drops WiFi, then tries to reboot.

The Roku, in general, appears to have issues with stability in the connection overall.

0 Kudos
Triple_eh
Reel Rookie

I have this exact issue, was this resolved? @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Triple_eh

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Triple_eh
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I have an Insignia 48" 1080p HD LED Roku Smart TV (NS-48DR510CA17). When I try to click on Live TV (over the air antenna), it will cause the TV to freeze, then reboot constantly (2-3 times), and will not show over the air picture (only blank black screen). I have tried two different OTA antennas (which have both worked fine previously) with same result both times. This issue may have coincided with the latest Nov. 2021 update to the TV.

0 Kudos
waterdawn
Reel Rookie

The situation you describe is exactly the same as mine. Due to the significant delay in any response, I gave up trying. No resolution of the issue. 

0 Kudos