Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr-E
Streaming Star

TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

Sorry for the repost, but it to defaulted to the player forum instead of the TV forum.

Within the last month, my Roku TV guide has started displaying a "category" bar to the left of the channels.

I used to just scroll to the OTA or Roku streaming channel I wanted. 

Now EVERYTHING is a mess, because all the channels are out of order, as they are lumped into genre or category. Even when I select "all channels", it will scroll through all the categories, one at a time.

I don't want to see favorites, recent, news, sports, movies, entertainment, kids &family, music, or crime.

I'd like to go back to where I only see Roku and OTA, but there seems to be no way to turn off the categories. Any hints? Scoured the internet, but found no useful settings for my ONN tv.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Useless Roku Live TV Channel Guide

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that Roku is constantly striving to improve the Roku streaming experiences. In the meantime, I have passed along your feedback to the appropriate Roku team for consideration.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

307 REPLIES 307
kmike75
Channel Surfer

filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

The filter option is missing on my TCL 65". I can't filter the channels to view only my favorites. I can select my favorite channels but I can't set up the TV to view only my favorites. My choices are... Unfavorite this channel, hide this channel, manage channels and close. Where is the filter option?????????????????????????

chezjim
Binge Watcher

Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

This happened for a long time before, but has been resolved for months - the channels no longer take into account my favorite choices (so I have to step through every intervening channel to get to the one I want).
This just happened today I believe.

TCl 55 tv

ROKU TV C101X

TCL model 55S421

Serial: X00000UK9KOS
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-93
Issue ID: OS-502-280

Device ID S032G00Y1KW9

mGol
Streaming Star

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

I am seeing the same problem.  The Filter options selection for Favorites only, no longer exists.  The only way to make this work with with streaming channels enabled is to hide every non-favorite channel (there are hundreds).  My TV does not show an new update installed but the menus have changed.  The Smart Guide now has an extra column on the left with show all channel, recent, and favorites.  The guide seems to default to all channels whenever entering the guide.

Arrow37

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

The same happened to us. No filter option. The guide reverts to “All Channels” every time we change channels. 

Arrow37

Jump to solution

We hid all the channels that were not favorites so they no longer appear in the all channels list. My thumb is sore from hiding all these channels. Why did Roku do this to us?!

Tags (2)
kmike75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, that's what I ended up doing as well... 

frink85
Channel Surfer

Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

Hey, 

I have a TCL tv with built in Roku, 11.0.0 build 4193-48. I have a coax external antenna that I use for “Live TV” over the air TV.

The updates over the last year or two keep screwing with the guide. Before the latest update, when starting the “Live TV” channel the guide would default to my favorite channels, no wasting time and remote clicks to get to what I want. 

Now with the latest update I have to click to the left to choose favorites and then back to the guide. I was wondering if anyone knew a workaround to just have my favorite stations on my guide at all times? Tired of having to wade through useless digital stations to get to the station I want.

Thanks in advance!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kmike75,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that the Auto Favorites feature has been moved to the Recent Channels view. In addition, the All Channels view will no longer be ordered based on the channels in Auto Favorites.

You will be able to show/hide OTA channels and OTT streaming channels. For more information about how to do this, visit our Support page here: How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide | Official Roku Support.

We look forward to having additional channel management features in the future.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
chezjim
Binge Watcher

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

I just went through chat. It's a known issue and they're supposed to get back to me. To be continued...