Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rku
Reel Rookie

Live TV Channel/App on TCL Roku TV - delete some of these over air channels within the Live TV app

Hi,

I just bought and installed my TCL Roku TV and had the Live TV Channel/APP make a channel search.

The App found many channels on air.

How can I delete some of these over air channels within the Live TV app???

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV Channel/App on TCL Roku TV - delete some of these over air channels within the Live TV a

There's no Live TV "app", that's just a function of an OTA (over the air) TV. But you can hide channels that have been discovered. Go into the settings and find the TV Input settings (going from memory, so I can't remember exactly how it's labeled). In that menu there is the option to manage the channels, and that's where you can hide unwanted OTA channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rku
Reel Rookie

Re: Live TV Channel/App on TCL Roku TV - delete some of these over air channels within the Live TV a

Thanks a lot, I found it:

Home

Settings

TV Inputs

Live TV

Edit channel lineup

There you can hide unwanted channels...

Thx again 😉

handy2973

Looking to undelete or unhide antenna TV channels.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@handy2973 wrote:

Looking to undelete or unhide antenna TV channels.

Go into the Settings menu, and select Tv Inputs, then Live TV. You can edit the channel lineup within that menu.

Dan

0 Kudos
D2020

You can only hide or unhide the streaming live channels.  I cannot find any way to just remove one channel independently.  You either have all the live tv streaming channels or none. Of these like 10 or more channels are Spanish which I have no use for also there is things streaming on their I would not like my children to see.  How do I remove a few Live TV Streaming channels and not all of them??? 

atc98092

@D2020 

You can't. It's all or nothing for the IPTV channels. It's been suggested numerous times. But as mentioned previously, there might be something in the contract Roku has with the content provider that mandates them all being listed. Just a theory, with no data to back it up. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@D2020 , you can't hide just some streaming channels (recently added to Live TV). It's been speculated that these are Pluto channels, and that Pluto won't let carriers hide any. (There doesn't appear to be any way to hide channels in the Pluto app either. Basically they just added the Pluto app to the Live TV tile. You can remove it with the "hide all" in Live TV's settings.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
HateRO-KU
Reel Rookie

But...

How does one UNHIDE a channel they hid by accident?

It is NOT possible by going to setting. It can be added to FAVORITE, but not put back on the lineup.

0 Kudos
HateRO-KU
Reel Rookie

That's what I'm looking for.

I accidentally hid a channel that I did NOT want hidden. Now, I can find it by going through SETTINGS, but I cannot get it UNHIDDEN and added back to the lineup.

0 Kudos