Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Re: Live Pause OTA horrid synch issues

Also sent direct messages with info to Moderators Danny and the other moderator (girl). No response. No ' we are looking into it'. Nothing.   It's a shame, the TV has a great picture, but this skip/repeat/garbles/loose minutes.ff makes the product Junk. I wish i had just returned it, hooked back up my other one (in a box) - still may. I rolled the dice that surely they would fix this probably simple issue with speed, but they appear to be going to ignore it, and Me. Lastly, Hisense told me they can't fix the issue - It's Roku Firmware causing it.

0 Kudos
JohnnyWest
Reel Rookie

Yea, I paid more to get the hisense roku vs some others that were being sold as black friday deals, and matched it with a hisense sound bar. Turns out now I'd been just as happy with my Aquos and older sound bar even though I had to use separate remotes. Mine is the 58". It must be related to hardware as well, since both mine are on the same OS and the 43" that's 3 years old has never had an issue with the pause - rewind. 

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

The Westinghouse i replaced with this Hisense, was 58". It never had Any sync issues on pause. You could leave it paused for 90 minutes, then it would start playing, (supposed to) running out of storage. Any rate, I also purchased and tried,  (2) new 1' or 2' usb extensions, new 15" usb 3.0 extension, new usb 3.0 card reader, used with a2 u3 fast sdcards, 16gb,32gb,64gb, a1 speed 10 sdcards. Tried 3 other older sdcard readers with and without extensions. Formatted sdcards on PC, let the TV pause live Reformat the sdcards.  Numerous new, and older usb 2 and 3.0 drives. no go. I would hook back up the 58" all except, the Hisense picture seems better, it's a 65", and If i Box up the Hisense, it will NEVER get a firmware update and Possible Fix. I'm on the Fence. That's why it would make it allot easier if i just through a Hammer through it, and force the change back to the 58er. At some point, my frustration (constant rewind/play to resync), and lost show/movies, My Time, is going to outway Keeping this Junk, waiting on a fix. It probably already Has.

0 Kudos
JohnnyWest
Reel Rookie

Picked up a 55 TCL today - $280. Using the same USB as was on the Hisense. Have been pausing - rewinding - FF. A bit ago I hit rewind at about 50 minutes into a show and let it go. When it hit 90 minutes the beginning counter moves but does not start playing. The screen stays the same but when you hit play it goes to the part of the program that was 90 minutes previous to current time. No out of sync issues yet. When pausing, rewind, play around the same spot, it does pop up CC for 10 seconds or so, but that seemed to be an issue with the other TV when I connected the new sound bar through ARC. Don't know why that would make a difference... not an issue to me, certainly not like losing the last half of a program you'd been watching.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JohnnyWest

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gripsz

Thanks for the posts and providing us with you detailed information.

I have already passed along the information and your concerns to the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos