Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Live Pause OTA horrid synch issues

When watching OTA channels on my New Hisense U6GR5, firmware 10.5.0 (manufac. end of 2021), the audio and video fall hopelessly out of sync. The program will Replay - Repeat a portion of dialog, then garble forward trying to catch up, sometimes it does, most times it's off Seconds. This is all relative to usb and live tv pause functionality (and yes i have tried 20 diff usb, 2.0, 3.0, 3 readers w/2+ microsd cards of good quality, reformatted drives mult. times, power settings, reset, unplug, you name it). And, No, it's not the sound bar or settings - it happens regardless of using TV speakers or soundbar.  I called the manufacturer - Know what they basically said? 'Maybe you need to contact ROKU - here's the phone number'. what a crock. So, basically, if you want to watch live ota with the new one, you either pull out the usb and cancel pause features, or listen to repeats, garbles, and try to get back in sync by changing channels, rewinding, pause/play. What a Mess. Hardware/Software/Both? Untested Junk.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Maxime64
Binge Watcher

Re: Live Pause OTA horrid synch issues

Welcome in the roku experience club 🙂 ! We are so many to have multiple problems since the last OS update. Most brands that integrate roku like TCL, Hisense and others.

Roku team is doing nothing about the 10.5.0 update problems. We ask for rollback update but nothing from Roku.

When they do something, they ask the generic question and troubleshooting. THAT situation needs to be fix or maybe we need to go public to be heard from Roku.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

im assuming my tv is the only one affected by this issue, or nobody pauses live ota tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gripsz

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to reboot your wireless network and then trying to scan for channels again to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Thankyou, Danny, But..

I have rescanned for channels more than once. What does my Wireless Network have to do with Over the Air channel reception? The problem lies within the roku firmware and it's inability to keep sync with usb drives of Any kind or brand - i have tried over approx. 20. Hisense won't even try to fix it - says it's Roku issue. Also, i do not have the tv hooked to Wireless network, it is connected via ethernet cable. I have 3 other Roku TVs and they ALL work with ANY 16gb usb drive without flaw or a hiccup. It's sad to see a brand new tv Crippled by buggy software issues 10.5.0 - 4210-CH. Thank you again, and please ask around and try to help me.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Checking Back, Hoping for Help. 

I Factory reset and did a re-scan over air channels. I Thought it had fixed it, but after about an hour, it did THIS:  the First time it messed up and started that horrid repeat, squelch, it Threw up the Teletype (Closed Caption) - on it's own. That should be a Clue for your Engineers. After that, i turned off Captions with * - set to Never (it was set on  Only on Repeat). The problem still persists, and that was with a newly formatted USB drive - it was formatted during the process of channel scan, set up live TV. This problem happens with All over the air programming and renders using Pause Live TV Unusable.  Help!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gripsz

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

Roku TV   G220X

Hisense Model 65U6

sn  X01300LRG45F

device id S0AE419RG45F

os  10.5.2 build 4096CH

>> ISSUE OCCURS ON ALL OVER AIR BROADCAST CHANNELS

>> report tracker ID  5F-019-528    timestamp 2022-01-14T13:28:00Z

>>steps to reproduce,   Turn on TV and watch Live TV, any over the air channel

TV WILL - Repeat Content, Speed Up, Garble and Miss-sync Video/Audio. Issue is Inevitable within Seconds, to minutes, could be up to an hour. Sometimes you can rewind, then Play and catches up video/audio. Sometimes change channel or select home and start over, or power cycle TV to fix. It is not Usable as is. I am asking You to find out what is the issue and fix it.

0 Kudos
JohnnyWest
Reel Rookie

Same issues - plus often when FF from a location that had been paused, say to skip commercials, it skips to live TV, and when attempting to rewind back to where you where, you find it appears to have lost 15 minutes or so of where the location skipped from. And yes, I bought this TV last November specifically because I had one about 3 years old that still works fine utilizing pause and rewind OTA. Sent Hisense customer service email over a week ago and have no response.

0 Kudos
Gripsz
Streaming Star

yes, JW

Mine did that TWICE yesterday, i completely lost/missed the show i had invested hour? It CONSTANTLY Repeats, then Garbles fast trying to 'catch up'. Sometimes it resyncs audio/video, but 1/2 the time it's OUT of sync several seconds. CONSTANTLY playing with rewind:play to try to resync audio /video. It is ROKU SOFTWARE related to read write to USB drives. I have used dozens, usb 2, usb 3, 16,32, 64 gb, 4 Different CARD readers with Micro SD's (fast and slow). Nothing Works. It appears to happen More on certain live OTA channels, and is Always live OTA effected only. ROKU won't help me, Hisense (spoke with their support on phone) - Hisense told me to contact ROKU. It's a Shame a brand new TV fouled up over (appears) software. I have wanted to throw the remote slam through the screen, but mostly just hit Home - Loose my Movie, and stop watching TV (power off). Very disturbed by it, especially since i have had, and still have, 3 roku TVs that Pause Live Perfectly, with Cheap 16gb usb 2 drives.  I don't know where else to turn.

0 Kudos