Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vancraft
Level 8

Re: OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation. this will be a gamechanger for market share. Keep us informed on this rollout. Is there any way we can prompt our sets to grab the new feature?

0 Kudos
vancraft
Level 8

Re: OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as

Jump to solution

If Roku can do this integration right, it will take down Viacom's Pluto tv, or at least curtail their market share. Some may suggest that it's a predatory practice? Who knows?
But it simplifies the tv for kids to use.
 The ability to selectively hide streaming channels is essential, so parents can limit what their kids might see.
Roku has always been about letting viewers decide what they can access (well, except when they banned InfoWars just to be cool with the cancel culture leftists). This move to curate content is also seen as censorship, if done badly.
I wrote a blog about it. https://www.soonerpolitics.org/editorial/roku-tv-begins-power-move-to-take-on-cable-providers-with-n...

0 Kudos
TechguyOhio
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

Why are these being rolled out again? In July they were retracted.

Are you rolling this out to all of the TV regardless of manufacture date?

I really enjoy the streaming channels with live TV, I hope you keep them.

John

0 Kudos
BWS88
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

RokuDanny-R, thanks to your team for re-enabling this excellent feature!

I have three TCL Roku TVs.  One appears to have the streaming-channel feature enabled (43S305) and the other two do not (65R625 and 32S325).

Is there a target date by which we can expect all models to have the feature?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Skreeboo
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is F'ed up.. There are only 4 or 5 channels I live on antenna TV and thy were easily accessed, now I have to go thru 400+ channels I  DO NOT WANT. This really pisses me off, now I want to get rid of my Roku TV.. I'm checking out the Amazon Firestick. **bleep** You Roku!!!

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

I believe there is an option in settings to put it how you would like it 🙄

Skreeboo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nope, they took away that option

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

No go into settings under live tv tab. Its there

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm sorry. Go into settings under tv inputs and its in live tv option

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

F2751B71-B37F-4077-B772-AF5379A2471D.jpeg