Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCDisme
Level 8

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

I'm jealous. The update hasn't reached my 4 Roku TV's yet. I was equally as pissed as you @Skreeboo when they teased us with the blended channel guide feature earlier this year and took it back with no warning. I went out and purchased 2 FireTV's to quickly learn the Roku platform is much better.

I'm super excited to get the update. It can't get here soon enough. Come on Roku, get'er going.

Ian1
Level 8

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Can roku add the option to switch to the old guide view  

0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Jump to solution

@cfrobw wrote:

do you have the Roku channel app installed? This is only available accessible within the Roku channel app. There is no combination of the over the air channel guide and the live stream TV guide like the developers at Roku turned on one day without informing anyone. You can only view the the live stream tv channel guide within the Roku channel app.

Someone was paying attention.

It is being added back to the Roku TV Live guide.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
lfb02000
Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed this and clicked hide the streaming channels. The result was just the opposite. It took away the OTA channels from the guide and nothing I can do adds them back. I did not check the hide OTA channels at all. Tried several times to add them back to the guide, powered the TV off/on, re-searched for antenna stations. Nothing getting them back in the guide. Of course all the OTA stations still play and appear when in the antenna. Just can't get a guide with them in it.

Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

Just as a last resort, have you tried the much more extensive "Clear Cache" operation, which has seemed to clear numerous problems for other folks, which have seemed to be software update induced?

dvallem
Level 7

Jump to solution

Will this live tv tab/option be coming to Roku devices like streaming stick plus and ultra?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @dvallem

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For streaming players like Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Ultra, the Live TV Channel Guide is accessible directly from the Live TV row in The Roku Channel. 

To learn more on how it works, visit this Support article: How do I find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos