Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as

Jump to solution

@terrysvtx 

Thanks for the post.

We are slowly integrating TV listings using the Live TV Channel Guide across Roku TVs.

For more information, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Doomeroo
Level 7

Re: OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as

Jump to solution

HATE it! I have been a huge Roku fan for years, but I hate hate HATE the integrated channels. I was able to shut down the streaming channels but now don't have the Favorites feature. It would be one thing to have so many channels included if the remote allowed for direct access of specific channels, but to have to scroll through all of the channels one by one is punitive. If this is the new normal, I will definitely think twice before buying another Roku tv. 

flyskimmy
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

The feature just reappeared on one of my Roku TVs tonight with the option to hide the streaming channels under the live tv settings.  This is perfect.  Now waiting for it to roll out to my other Roku TVs.

Justreal
Level 8

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

I also got mine back today! I'm happy!

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

Darn nothing here on my Roku tv. Its under the live tv tile settings ?

0 Kudos
Puggs74
Level 8

Jump to solution

i stopped using my roku tv & bought and hooked up a rouku ultra player to it. my roku tv wasn’t accepting my internet speeds & my router is right behind my tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are not already aware, we are slowly integrating TV listings using the Live TV Channel Guide across Roku TVs.

For more information, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
8ohms
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Channel No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Same here. 

0 Kudos
Harvini
Level 11

Jump to solution

***IMPORTANT***

Please be aware that whatever software fix your folks have implemented is still BUGGY!  I have just encountered a situation twice where even though the streaming channels were turned OFF for the antenna TV mode, the streaming channels re-appeared in the channel rotation as the OTA channels wrapped from the highest numbered one to the lowest numbered one.

After the first instance, I went to Sustem info to check on the software release number (9.4.0 - build 4190-13).  Ie set, and things seemed fixed for a few minutes, and then the streaming channels  went to check for updates and it displayed some song and dance about opening streaming gates.  I then re-booted the set, which seemed to fix issue.  then after some channel changing using remote, the streaming channels again re-appeared in the channel list when crossing from high to low channel in the remote channel stepping.

I can infer from this episode that your software is still buggy and unstable.  (5+ decades working with computers in engineering and science including managing computer development and software development programs).  You need to communicate this to your engineering staff.  This release is about to create havoc among your customer base.  Please use this chance to get ahead of the issue.

Please feel free to contact me for further assistance if you should need it.  Sounds to me like you do.

0 Kudos
vancraft
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I just got the 'simplified grid this morning, on my Sharp Roku TV.  My newer HiSense still can't get it. I wrote a blog article about it. https://www.soonerpolitics.org/editorial/roku-tv-begins-power-move-to-take-on-cable-providers-with-n...

It's going to be a game changer and hit Pluto tv very hard. Viacom, Pluto's new owner, may see this as illegal predatory behavior?

0 Kudos