Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deadman31
Level 9

Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

So I finally got the 9.4 update in my TCL roku tv that is supposed to restore this option but I have tried everything and I don’t see it. I go to my live tv time (my ota antenna) and nope. I go to the roku channel app and nope. How do I activate this wonderful feature?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as

Jump to solution

@terrysvtx 

Thanks for the post.

We are slowly integrating TV listings using the Live TV Channel Guide across Roku TVs.

For more information, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 Replies
jrkenn
Level 8

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

ok, this was supposed to be added back in version 9.4 buts I cant find it. How do you enable this feature on 9.4

cfrobw
Level 8

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

do you have the Roku channel app installed? This is only available accessible within the Roku channel app. There is no combination of the over the air channel guide and the live stream TV guide like the developers at Roku turned on one day without informing anyone. You can only view the the live stream tv channel guide within the Roku channel app.

the guide is inside the rokutv channel app. Open the app and scroll down through the categories of channels sports, movies etc.. till you see the category “Live Streaming TV” on this category of channels, if you scroll horizontally across the channels one should be a purple button it should be titled live stream TV guide. Select that purple channel. It will then open the list of Live Stream Tv Channels in a guide that looks identical to the over the air TV guide and works just like it does. But they are not joined in any way. You cant add it to the over the air guide. It’s a feature built into the Roku Channel app and is solely accessed through the app.

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes that’s what I want to know as well. 

0 Kudos
jrkenn
Level 8

Jump to solution

Finally found it but I wish they would have put it with ota like they had it

0 Kudos
Deadman31
Level 9

Jump to solution

I thought they were bringing it back as an option in 9.4

0 Kudos
Lantern
Level 9

Jump to solution

It would be nice if they did..I could get rid of my antenna.

0 Kudos
terrysvtx
Level 8

OTA channels and live streaming are integrated again on my TCL TV. Is anyone else have this as well

Jump to solution

Got up this morning turned on my TCL roku TV in the bedroom and went to the guide and found out that the two were combined into the guide again. I went into the other bedroom and turned on the other TCL roku TV and they were not combined. Both TV's are running the new 9.4 OS. Has anyone else experienced the two combined. I have looked all over the internet trying to find out what is going on but with no luck

Vaughn63
Level 7

Integration of Streaming Channels with Live TV Guide

Jump to solution

This feature is a great concept.  However, if there’s no mechanism that would allow the filtering out of all but the streaming channels that someone might be interested in than it is of little use, IMO.  There’s no way I’m going to scroll through a gazillion channels of 50+ year-old game shows, muscle man “sports” shows, Hallmark movies and the like in order to get to the 1 or 2 channels that might interest me.  

There’s no issue here.  I discovered how to hide all the streaming channels in settings; and things are just as they are as if this feature had never been introduced.  I just want to start a discussion strictly for the purpose of allowing users to communicate their thoughts on this feature to the powers that be at Roku.  All the other related posts I’ve seen are “issues” such as how to hide the streaming channels.  I feel like this is a breakthrough concept, that with a few tweaks could be a home run.  Without the tweaks, it’s a deep fly ball to the warning track, but an out nonetheless.

I’m a huge Roku TV fan.  I have 3 of them; and only one of them has this feature.   Not concerned if I have it at all at this point; it has so much potential though.  I have no doubt the Roku engineers are already working on improvements - and that this post will very soon be dated.  In any event-  Roku people, please incorporate one or both of the following tools in order to reach the end zone with this feature:

1. The ability to hide individual streaming channels the same way we can currently hide OTA channels.

2. The ability to designate “favorites” - such that all of our favorites would be grouped together in the Guide, be they OTA or streaming channels (and/or provide the option to view favorites only).

Thanks!!

Lewis1
Level 7

Re: Integration of Streaming Channels with Live TV Guide

Jump to solution

I agree with the last post that there needs to be a way to dedicate which channels you want in your guide. I'm not interested in the vast majority of them, so all they're doing is bogging down my channel guide. They're like junk mail. I suspect Roku figures it'll increase viewership on some of them which means they'll be able to inflate their numbers to prospective advertisers. What they need to consider is that a lot if us will be buying a stick or Chromecast device and dumping Roku altogether.