cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim0
Level 7

Re: Listen to Stream Bar and Turn TV off

Jump to solution

HI,  Its not resolved, as best I can tell you have to have the TV on to do anything on the streambar.  Even listen to Bluetooth speaker.  I tried hooking this up on another newer TV several different ways and cable combinations, and the TV has to remain on at all times.  This is disappointing, especially if you want to use it as a bluetooth speaker.  If anyone figures out a way, please let me know.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to listen to music with your TV screen off, visit our Support page here: How do I listen to music when the screen on my Roku TV™ is off?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tim0
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

Thank you for the reply,  Its not a Roku TV.  Its a Roku Streambar...  This is the same link you provided earlier.

Thanks, for your help anyways!

0 Kudos
Monkey2674
Level 7

Jump to solution

I dont own a Roku Streambar yet but I think I can help. 

Try turning HDMI-CEC power control in your tv settings off. Now go into the Streambar settings and setup the remote for your tv again.

This time it should see your tv does not have CEC power control and instead use IR remote control.

Now the Streambar cant turn on your tv without you hitting the power button on the Roku remote. 

0 Kudos
hovis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been looking into getting a Roku Soundbar to replace a Roku2 with a set of speakers attached to the TV. I was hoping that with AirPlay2 support, you would be able to steam music to the soundbar without the TV being on. I'd rather not have to disable HDMI-CEC as it's useful to be able to power on the TV from the Roku remote.

Maybe it could be a feature request to enable it as a standalone speaker for Airplay. Seems silly powering a TV just to play music through AirPlay?!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@hovis

Thanks for the post.

This functionality is possible if you have a Roku TV.

For more information about how to listen to music with your TV screen off, visit our Support page here: How do I listen to music when the screen on my Roku TV™ is off?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos