cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nink
Level 8

Re: Listen to Stream Bar and Turn TV off

Jump to solution

Isn't it ridiculous that turning the brightness down is the best solution to being able to use what would otherwise be a decent audio system?  I have a projection TV connected by an hdmi arc, but, I don't want to have to power that up to listen to spotify or airplay other audio content.  Man Mad

anna212
Level 7

Jump to solution

To Roku support: This issue is not resolved! Are you saying the only way to listen to music with the TV off is you have a Roku TV? Why would you need a Roku TV and a Roku Streambar? My Streambar is connected to my smart TV with HDMI ARC cable and if I send audio to the TV from my phone (Spotify) it turns the TV on. That is just a waste of energy and a distraction! That plus audio sync issues make me question if this was the right sound bar choice for me.  Please add this as a feature in a firmware upgrade. 

0 Kudos
rbpurch
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have success using Roku Soundbar as bluetooth speaker.

I have Samsung TV conneced to Soundbar via ARC. This allow to use soundbar with TV.  

I paired soundbar as bluetooth device with my phone.  Then streamed mp3 from phone and also worked from spotify on phone. No need to turn on TV.  Big TV takes  lot's of energy so  it make sense to keep it off if you are listening to music.  However this won't work if you are using app on Roku bar it self.  Basically it worked as Bluetooth speaker. 

RB

Kuang100
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ah yes thanks. Just connected to iPhone through streambar Bluetooth settings and now just use as Bluetooth speaker through iPhone and TV doesn’t come on.. Annoyingly it still switches on when I connect through my laptop Bluetooth (MacBook Pro with Catalina) and then will switch on with iPhone as well and have to connect again. Weird. 

Still fine if just using phone at least! Ta! 

0 Kudos