Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IHiJump
Level 9

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

@StevenCee, you can thank Agile for that. 😉

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Level 10

Jump to solution

ah, yes... Agile --- sigh.

ironically, Agile is kind of what some of us in the mid-90s were already doing in informal ways, and then some guys (I think in Colorado) went out drinking microbrews and sketched out a manifesto on a napkin that codified what was trendy at the time in software development. Problem is that they weren't prophets so they didn't foresee how the manifesto would become manifest in the working world decades later.

Some of us were just trying to speed up the release cycle, not go out and be reckless.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
IHiJump
Level 9

Jump to solution

@cwcheese, been in Software for 33 years now. Agile is my enemy right now. 😉

Zonexero
Level 9

Jump to solution

Maybe......I noticed today that the guide does a weird little shift from the guide we want back vs the new guide with the quick menu, it happens very fast but possibly they are playing around with implementing a option to turn it off that is has not been implemented yet?  I am hopeful, but it may just be a bug with the latest Live TV update.  You can usually see it when you first go into the live tv app.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Level 12

Jump to solution

I don't really have an issue with the categories column, as it would be useful (as anything that could replace endless scrolling), if only it would WORK as it should!  But the "recents" contain little to no actual recents, and the worst aspect of the Favorites, is how the list constantly reverts back to the All Channels list, requiring us to click on Favorites again, and it puts us at the very beginning of the list. And then of course, there's the issue of too many channels showing only an hour or two of programming, with anything further being "no information" territory.  Oh, & to regularly lose all the channels I've manually assigned to the "Favorites", which I think happens every time I check my WiFi Connection, that's a major pain...

It's odd that as technologically advanced as we supposedly are today, far too many devices (many of which use to function just fine, 10, 20 years ago) have issues with doing many of the basic functions they were designed for, whether it's remote controls, cell phones, computers, browsers, websites & apps, etc...  I waste too much time these days working through bugs preventing features & functions that used to work better before, while the products' developers are obsessed with pumping out even more unnecessary bells & whistles, that invariably require more updates to address all the bugs they were too in a hurry to test for...

I now feel I know less about having my iMac, iPad, cell phone, and various apps work as they should, than I did when I first began using them, about 25 years ago....