Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvcs
Channel Surfer

Less than 2 yrs ROKU TV (TCL 3 series) unfixable

Tried unplugging, factory reset, reset button, cleared router, took batteries out of remote, deleted ROKU app, tried wifi extender. Nothing works. Have to replace TV and worried about getting another ROKU TV.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Less than 2 yrs ROKU TV (TCL 3 series) unfixable

Hello @cvcs

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Aleejah30
Reel Rookie

I’m dealing with the same problem right now. Roku model:8217X Hisense model:40H4030 Serial numberYK00E3090873

I called Hisense they walked me thru the process to reset factory the tv unplugged my tv and the internet router and it still cannot connect to the WiFi. Every time I tried to connect it says “wireless not found” and they’re other devices connected to the WiFi 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

If you can not get the TV to connect to the WIFI but the TV is still functional you can connect a streaming device to the TV much cheaper than getting a new TV.  I have an older TCL series 3 TV with a Roku operating system that I attached a Roku Streaming Stick Plus to.  The Streaming Stick Plus is much faster than the older TV was.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Aleejah30

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing with your device connecting to the wireless network? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you tried changing the wireless channel of your router to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to detect and connect?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aleejah30
Reel Rookie

The tv just not connected to any wireless network every time I tried to connect it say “network not found”. I have Xfinity as Internet provider but the problem is not the WiFi because it has 3 different devices connected to it 

0 Kudos
cvcs
Channel Surfer

Kazira - tv began disconnecting and going back to home screen - had to sign on again and again - problem worsened over weeks and then would turn itself on in the middle of the night. Then I couldn’t even get it through the sign back on process. Not a router issue,  or a wifi issue - clearly a tv issue. 

0 Kudos
cvcs
Channel Surfer

Tried plugging a Roku device into HDMI but problems persisted, thanks tho

0 Kudos
cvcs
Channel Surfer

Tried changing wireless channel. Same problems.

0 Kudos
Aleejah30
Reel Rookie

I think it’s a roku problem because I called the tv company they’re the one who walked me through the reset process and it still not connected and I don’t very have a IP address 

0 Kudos