Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayster

Left side of tv blinks slightly darker

Jump to solution

TCL Model 55R617-CA

Roku TV 7120X

The tv screen has started to blink/flash a slightly darker colour down the left hand side of the screen.  It is approximately one third of the screen.  It is subtle but definitely noticeable.  It doesn’t black out.  The flashing/blinking is every couple OS seconds.

I looked online, but can’t seem to find similar issues.  Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Left side of tv blinks slightly darker

Jump to solution

That sounds like a hardware issue that you'll have to contact TCL about.  TCL manufactured the TV; Roku only supplied the software.

https://support.tcl.com/us

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That sounds like a hardware issue that you'll have to contact TCL about.  TCL manufactured the TV; Roku only supplied the software.

https://support.tcl.com/us

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

My tv has started doing that same thing. Were you able to figure out the problem by chance? I’ve been looking and I can’t seem to find a solution to fixing it or I’m missing it somewhere. If you were able to figure it out would you mind letting me know by chance? I’d greatly appreciate it!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @AmyWalkenhorst

I hope you're doing well.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos