Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP1
Level 7

Launch Failed on Roku TV

Hello Roku Community,

Recently, a message appeared on my Roku TV-while opening an app.

The message;

Launch Failed

“Failed to launch Roku SDK Launcher because there is not enough space. Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again...”

I have removed quite a few channels. Currently, the only channel that launches, is Netflix. The message pops up, for other channels. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you resolve it?

I am looking forward to your support. Thank you! 

18 REPLIES 18\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Launch Failed

Did you do a system restart after removing the channels? If not, they aren't really removed. Either use the System restart function in the Settings menu, or pull the power for about 30 seconds. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jjejnana
Level 7

I have new roku tv and I'm getting the sdk launcher won't launch message for everything but netflix. Help! TV 3 weeks old. Problem just started

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try the "clear the cache" routine - on your Roku remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice.  If you did it correctly your TV should appear to lock up and then reboot.  Please report back to say whether it helped or not.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
StokesFam
Level 7

Way to go @renojim !!  So excited that this worked.  I have to admit when I searched and this came up as a solution, I was like "yeah right!"  But I followed your exact directions and TV did appear to lock up then turned off and back on and apps work!!  THANKS!

"Try the "clear the cache" routine - on your Roku remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice."

TizzyLish
Level 7

Worked like a charm. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
bobpit
Level 7

thank you renojim. followed your direction & it worked have been with out my pay channels, such as HULU for several days. Couldn't find any info from ROKU but your guidance worked!!!

Flame123
Level 7

Re: Launch Failed on Roku TV

This worked for me....6753453B-614C-4DEA-AC9B-40016E400687.jpeg

Jmuckey
Level 7

The "clear the cache" routine worked for me also. 👍🏼👍🏼

Bri1tay
Level 7

I thought the kids broke my tv!! This was so clutchy! Ty!