Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Latest Update Has Bricked My TV 75R6

So The tv “ 75R6 “ Automatically started updating last night and after installing the update the right light was flashing and the tv turns on with logo showing up for 20 seconds then a black screen for 10 seconds then turn’s off ?! I’ve tried all troubleshooting and nothing’s worked.

Any suggestions before seeking refund’s?
Tv’s not even 4 month’s old..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Latest Update Has Bricked My TV 75R6

@TeKaha Thanks for the note here. Despite the timing, this sounds like it may be related to a potential hardware issue, but it's hard to say. You'll want to start by contacting TCL support to report this issue and request additional assistance. Your TV would still be within its warranty period, and the TV manufacturer should be able to assist you further. You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I was installing a test firmware to my 75” TV and it never went off the updating screen then it turned off, came up with some weird screen and went on the TCL logo. It has permanently stayed there ever since that happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TCLLover 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your TV to see if that resolves your issue? 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your TV, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos