Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philbv
Level 7

LOST REMOTE BEFORE USING ROKU

Hi all,

I'm desperately looking for help as I've bought a RCA Roku Tv recently and, the guy who sold it to me is like the worst place in the end I got super bad service, so the remote had been lost during the process and I haven't even had a second to configure my Roku before so. Now I'm just having the problem that I can't do anything since there are no buttons on the TV to at least connect it to the wifi. 

Seriously help me please my life is going in a wreck these past weeks I'm crying right now lol this is just too much.

#link

#roku

#internet

#remote

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: LOST REMOTE BEFORE USING ROKU

Roku Tv's don't use a roku code set, they use two very old tv code sets. The Rca use the same code as tcl, insignia, sanyo, philips, magnavox, westinghouse, and jvc Roku tv use. If you want one from a local store, you can get the Roku Voice remote from Walmart or Best Buy. Cost $19.88 at walmart or $29.99 at best buy. It won't work at of the box it has to be paired with the tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: LOST REMOTE BEFORE USING ROKU

@Philbv 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact RCA here: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en or at 1-800-968-9853.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos