Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindabook
Reel Rookie

Kicks me to Home Screen

Everything worked fine for months. Starting in the last week or so now it keeps kicking me out of apps. In Sling it will freeze during commercials or if I just change the volume and kick me out. In Prime or Netflix if I browse for something to watch (or change the volume) or just randomly - sometimes as soon as I enter the app. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve tried rebooting everything, changed the bandwidth saving feature - I don’t know what else to do. This is awful; why is this happening?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Kicks me to Home Screen

Hi @Lindabook,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lindabook
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Lindabook,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

Hi, it’s a TCL Roku TV. I bought it last summer and didn’t experience any issues until recently. Now it’s sporadic but happens at least once or twice a day. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lindabook

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mamadawn

I'm also being kicked out continuously, as if the last two weeks. I've tried Disney+ movies/ shows, only to be kicked out to the home screen. I've been kicked out of Sling just being in a show/ movie or when it's on a commercial, or just because I change the volume.  Im getting really tired of it and I know it is not my internet provider as they've been to my house to check my setup of everything. How do I make this stop? I'm getting very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mamadawn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? Please see my previous post for information we are requesting so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos