Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Just want to connect to my Alexa or standard Bluetooth speaker to Roku TV

Please tell me there is a way to connect my Bluetooth speaker to the roku TV. 

There isn't an audio output socket to plug a speaker in to. 

I can't even find anyway to buy roku speakers in the UK. 

I Like listening to my movies loud but I really don't want to damage the speakers on the TV. I've had it for two months. 

Not impressed with no Bluetooth function.. 

Unbelievable with a 4k 'smart tv' I'm unable to even use a standard Bluetooth device. 😭😭😭😭

4 Replies
Level 8

Re: Just want to connect to my Alexa or standard Bluetooth speaker to Roku TV

I am in the same boat. You CAN connect using your phone... But you get a lip sync issue.

From what I understand Roku can connect through bluetooth to a roku speaker. Seems ridiculous that you have to use your phone to connect to any other bluetooth speaker...

If you find a better solution, please let me know!

0 Kudos
Level 13

@MJ78 wrote:

Please tell me there is a way to connect my Bluetooth speaker to the roku TV. 

There isn't an audio output socket to plug a speaker in to. 

What TV model doesn't have audio out and headphone jacks?

0 Kudos
Level 9

The TCL/Roku TVs did have the capability to link a Bluetooth speaker or headset directly to the TV. Unfortunately, earlier this year, Roku sent out a firmware "upgrade" that eliminated that functionality for anything except a Roku-brand speaker product. This retroactive elimination of functionality would appear to be illegal, but they did it anyway. There is no workaround that doesn't introduce a lip-synch issue.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I Am experiencing the same situation the Roku TV isn't Bluetooth the only way you can connect a "Bluetooth" speaker to a Roku TV is by cable or should I say the and white dubbing wires that came with the Bluetooth speaker why  ? Because the speaker ISN'T a ROKU  SPEAKER  and that literally Sux !

0 Kudos