Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gavo
Channel Surfer

Just got a brand new Roku tv, no option to change themes anywhere

Like the title says, I am plainly aware of how to change themes.  Scroll to system settings, go to “Themes”, yadda yadda.  Except the “Themes” section under settings straight up isn’t there.  Nowhere under settings can I find it.  

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Just got a brand new Roku tv, no option to change themes anywhere

The path is actually just settings/theme/ theme packs. Or Wallpapers, screensavers, sounds and more. Have you updated your Roku? Restarted your Roku? Roku doesn’t make TV’s. They only make the software and released to companies such as TCL, Hisense and Sharp. I own 3 TCL Roku TV’s. Roku OS 10.5.2 build 4138-CGThemesThemes

0 Kudos
Gavo
Channel Surfer

I don’t see that theme selection thing anywhere on my settings menu.  I even tried a factory reset, no bueno

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Go to settings/ system/ system update. Try updating your TCL Roku TV. Restart it several times. It will eventually be there. Did you just buy it? Like today? Like I said Roku doesn’t make TV’s. It’s a TCL so you can contact them. Enjoy it for now. maybe in a few days an update will push through and you will get it

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I don't have a Roku TV in front of me, but I'm wondering if the Themes setting might be in a different location on your set. I'm looking at my Premiere, running OS 11.0, and it's under Settings/Theme. Perhaps it's been moved on OS 11, and your new TV might have updated to the new version. It was just released to the public today.

It wouldn't be the first time Roku moved things around in the menus. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@atc98092   My picture posted is from my TCL Roku TV. It’s not there on her TCL Roku TV. Roku OS 11 won’t be released for weeks. Probably longer 

0 Kudos
atc98092

That's why I said it might be in the new OS update released today. As a brand new TV, it might have downloaded the new OS, while you might still be on OS 10.5. Just a possibility. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@atc98092  Roku just made an announcement today about OS 11. In an announcement they specifically said the update will be released over the next several weeks. OS 11 didn’t go live today 

@Gavo go to settings/ system/ about. What’s your Roku OS version. 
4A9E232C-4DA9-4648-BA25-EA7F4EF22AAC.jpeg

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Gavo 

Since these "Themes" are really Channels, I wonder if they may be geographically based (similar to device based).  Not all the same themes are available to all Roku devices.  Will even differ between RokuTV manufacturers.

Do any themes show up for you on the online Roku Channel Store (https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/themes) or similarly under the "Streaming Channels" feature of your RokuTV home screen (use search term Theme or Themes).

---

If you cannot see themes after performing manual Roku OS Update (Settings/System/System Update/Check Now [press OK] ) or find these themes to install online or through the Streaming Channels feature, I am thinking they may be either unavailable or a possible issue with the update server even.  Can always try the USB method of updating your RokuTV to see if that fixes issue. (How to use USB to update your unconnected Roku TV - https://support.roku.com/article/212361468).  This will require you to factory reset your RokuTV, disconnect the RokuTV from internet, and follow the instructions carefully.

---

Where is the RokuTV located/setup?  Could certainly be a bug in OS or just not supported feature.  I have seen some similar postings in the Community with no resolution so may have to tag @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D to add some confirmation or provide additional assistance.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar   I own 3 TCL Roku TV’s. All 3 are fully updated. One is only a month old. The themes section is also where wallpapers and screensavers are. The TV comes prepacked with themes. One of these is a TCL theme. You don’t have to download any of them. They are already there. No channel store needed. Not sure when you last purchased a Roku device or TV but most of the themes are preinstalled already. As you can see by my picture all these were there since the day I turned the TV on a month ago. Why she has no theme setting who knows. But it’s probably a temporary hiccup from the TCL servers. These are not channels. A channel can be removed by pressing *. These cannot be removed  
These came preinstalledThese came preinstalled

0 Kudos