Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nullis
Reel Rookie

Just bought a TCL Model 55S431 and regretting it.

Just bought this today and brought it home to replace my older model that died.

Plugged it to my PS4/Switch and then proceeded to waste 6 hours trying to get it to work.

The game mode feature is broken. It leads to a horrible stutter that happens about every 5-10 seconds.

It seems to be trigger by switching to an input that already has Game Mode on, or anytime HDR is engaged while game mode is on.

The only fix is to turn Game Mode back off than back on.

That's only temporary, because as soon as you turn off the TV, or switch inputs or run HDR content the stuttering lag returns.

This is clearly a software issue, I've seen other topics with video evidence of this same problem.

If theres no news of this being fixed soon I'll be returning the T.V. and never buy a Roku product again.

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Nullis
Reel Rookie

Re: Just bought a TCL Model 55S431 and regretting it.

Well still not a peep from anyone on these boardz. So looks like Roku isn't getting my money after today. It's a shame my previous Roku TV was a champ. Must have had a change of quality over the years.

0 Kudos
SunnySmoothe
Channel Surfer

Return it.   TCL has poor quality control past their warranty period.  Just look at the thread about TCL black screen with audio.  

0 Kudos
Nullis
Reel Rookie

Oh I for sure am. Something must have changed in last last few years. My older one worked great till it died.

I got it boxed up and receipt in hand.

All I wanted was a budget TV to game on.

tsunami231
Roku Guru

Roku Update notories for being bad and breaking **bleep**, there last update  prior to current fixed most issue the current just went   has yet again broke things,

when I swith input now  I random get scrambled image pop sound and have to switch inputs to fixed it, but hey atlest Gamemode isnt broke again or Image isnt random flickering out.. and ROKU has poor quality control of there updates, that tend screw up multiple brands of tv with same issues, I am shocked that all the brands have no issue with roku  having the final say on how there tv will work

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@Nullis wrote:

So looks like Roku isn't getting my money after today. It's a shame my previous Roku TV was a champ. Must have had a change of quality over the years.

Roku doesn't make the TVs. Contact the TV manufacturer.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

The software is made by Roku.  It's the software updates that are breaking the TVs.  It's a combination of Roku and TCL but if the TV is fine until it receives the next Roku software update, then it magically stops working, 99% chance it's the software that caused it. 

Software updates break things all the time.  When Microsoft sends out an update that breaks something or deletes all the user's files or something like that, it's not Dell's fault or Lenovo's fault or HP's fault, it's Microsoft's fault.

When Roku pushes out a software update that breaks a function on a Roku TV that worked fine before the update, it's Roku's update that broke it.