Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biscuitt
Level 7

Jumping to the home screen

I purchased an Onn. Roku TV maybe a month ago. Only when I'm using certain apps such as hulu. It will jump back to the homepage. As soon as I hit play on a movie it jumps back. But it doesnt happen on every channel. I've removed the channel and turned off the bandwidth saver. Restarted the my TV. Checked for updates on the tv and the app itself. Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: Jumping to the home screen

@Biscuitt wrote:

I purchased an Onn. Roku TV maybe a month ago. Only when I'm using certain apps such as hulu. It will jump back to the homepage. As soon as I hit play on a movie it jumps back. But it doesnt happen on every channel. I've removed the channel and turned off the bandwidth saver. Restarted the my TV. Checked for updates on the tv and the app itself. Any suggestions appreciated.

Go to settings>system>power and if the "fast start" is enabled, disable it. Do a "restart" from that menu. That seems to cause problems with mismanaged persistent memory. If it was enabled and restarted by powering off/on your tv, the bunged up modules wouldn't be replaced with fresh copies. 

If you didn't have that enabled, then I don't any suggestion. Maybe a network problem? If there's too week or interference on a 2.4g wifi channel? Try a different channel, or 5g if your router supports it. Move the wifi closer to eliminate that possibility?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
susanj75
Level 7

Re: Jumping to the home screen

Yes, it was the fast restart. It fixed the Hulu crashing issue! Thanks!