Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Issues with connecting Roku TV with Roku Smart Soundbar

I have a TCL Roku TV and I am having major issues successfully connecting it to my Roku Smart Soundbar. I was able to successfully/correctly connect the two a month ago when I first installed the setup, but yesterday, I changed the my wifi password and so I also had to update that on my TV. I neglected to change the password on the Soundbar, and today I realized it wasn't playing sound from the TV anymore. So I went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps, including factory resetting both the Soundbar and the TV, but despite everything I try, the Soundbar will not go into automatic setup like it did the first time. I'm forced to go through manual steps as if my TV was not a Roku TV. During the setup the Soundbar tells me that there's something wrong with the HDMI connection (that's it's not ARC - and it is) and I've taken all of the troubleshooting steps to make sure that's not the case. As this forces me to set it up manually, it will not play sound when I have the TV in it's native home channels (not the home menu for the soundbar). 

Can someone please help me? I feel like I'm going insane and I've tried everything I can think of but my soundbar will no longer connect properly to my Roku TV and it tells me the ARC HDMI is not working. I'm about to return this and get the wireless speakers instead. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Issues with connecting Roku TV with Roku Smart Soundbar

Go into the menu of the Roku tv: settings> System> Control other devices(CEC)> above the boxes that are checked, click on Seacrh CEC Devices> ok to refresh. Does the Sound bar come up?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Issues with connecting Roku TV with Roku Smart Soundbar

Thanks for the suggestion. I have indeed gone to the CEC device menu several times, and each time click refresh devices, no device shows up. 

0 Kudos