Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Is there any RokuTV with On/Off Timers?

I'm a longtime owner/user of a Sharp 42" Roku TV, and am looking to find a Roku TV that has a timer function other than the sleep timer; rather I'd like to have an On/Off timer where one can set the TV to turn on at a specific time and turn off at a specific time. This function is rapidly disappearing from even regular TVs, so I wonder if any Roku TV brands have this. I've an old Samsung TV that has this feature, which I use as a wake up alarm so I can see the local news when I get up in the morning.

It seems a stretch, I know, since Roku software is a drop-in turnkey OS that limits what the brand manufacturer can add.

Anybody ever encounter this in the wild?

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there any RokuTV with On/Off Timers?

@cwcheese 

I would tend to doubt it.  Probably best bet is to find a TV like your older Samsung with this timer feature and then attach a Roku device to it.

Who knows though.  Someone may come by and be able to point you to one.  It has been a very long time since I owned a TV with a similar timer feature, but I do remember them.

Edit: Actually just checked and my main Mitsubishi WD73740 has this timer. (2009).  Have never used it in all these years. (non-RokuTV).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Is there any RokuTV with On/Off Timers?

Thanks Gunnar, that's precisely what I do now with that Samsung - I've got a Roku Premiere plugged into it and works perfectly. Am just planning ahead for the day when I want to replace the TV.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things