Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenV
Level 7

Is there a way to disable noise reduction on non-4K TVs?

Hello. I recently bought a TCL branded 32" 1080p Roku TV for my bedroom. The TV has a high level of noise reduction/motion blurring applied to it by default, which I don't like the look of. I want to turn the noise reduction off, but from what I've read online, the noise reduction can only be turned off in the Expert Picture Settings via the Roku app. The only problem is, Roku only makes the Expert Picture Settings available for 4K TVs. I've already got a 4K TCL Roku TV in my living room, and I was able to disable it via the app, no problem. But because this new TCL Roku TV I bought isn't 4K, the app won't let me access any expert picture settings for it, which is really bugging the crap out of me.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any other possible way that I could disable the noise reduction without the Expert Picture Settings. Like maybe a secret menu built into Roku, or perhaps, a third party app that might give me the ability to disable to the noise reduction. I really like this TV as well as the Roku OS, and I would hate to have to bring this TV back to the store all because I can't disable one little thing.
0 Kudos