Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is there a Roku TV remote that has IR that so I can control the sound level on my soundbar?

Jump to solution

Is there a Roku TV remote that has IR that so I can control the sound level on my soundbar? My Roku TV is a TCL 55R617; my soundbar is a ZVOX SB380; the tv and soundbar are connected with an optical cable.

ZVOX support (quick responding and nice) said that to control the sound level with the TV remote would require a TV remote with IR. Is there a Roku remote that will both control my Roku TV and has IR to control my sound bar? Perhaps the Roku TV Voice Remote?

Advice will be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Is there a Roku TV remote that has IR that so I can control the sound level on my soundbar?

Jump to solution

So your TCL remote is wifi, so is the voice remote. There are plenty of TCL Roku Tv remotes on ebay that are IR only. You can tell its IR by the crescent moon shape sleep timer key where the microphone key is on your remote. All Roku tv's can accept either IR or Wifi commands. So ZVOX learns the IR commands from the TV remote, so then on responds to them? Check out the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, its a one device that controls different devices, tv, streamer and soundbar. They can be found on ebay open box for around $10.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

And its a learning remote too. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Is there a Roku TV remote that has IR that so I can control the sound level on my soundbar?

Jump to solution

So your TCL remote is wifi, so is the voice remote. There are plenty of TCL Roku Tv remotes on ebay that are IR only. You can tell its IR by the crescent moon shape sleep timer key where the microphone key is on your remote. All Roku tv's can accept either IR or Wifi commands. So ZVOX learns the IR commands from the TV remote, so then on responds to them? Check out the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, its a one device that controls different devices, tv, streamer and soundbar. They can be found on ebay open box for around $10.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

And its a learning remote too. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for the help -- especially the detail (crescent moon key) on identifying which Roku remotes work! I'll start there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Your TCL roku tv will respond to Roku tv remotes from other brands includiing Insignia, Onn, Magnavox, Westinghouse, Jvc, Sanyo, and Philips. It will not work with Hisense and Sharp roku IR remotes. 

Edmund
0 Kudos