Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crunge89
Level 7

Is it possible to use Live TV Pause with a 16GB USB drive without a Roku TV? I have a Samsung UHD

Jump to solution

I see that Samsung is not a brand on the Roku TV list, so I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to set up the Live TV Pause feature on my Roku Premiere device.

I bought the 2.0 USB 16 GB flash drive that the Roku TV instructions say you need to pause live TV.

I'm really bummed that I can't pause sports.  I didn't realize this before I bought the Roku for my additional Xfinity UHD TV.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is it possible to use Live TV Pause with a 16GB USB drive without a Roku TV? I have a Samsung UH

Jump to solution

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Live TV Pause is only available on the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

For more information regarding Live TV Pause, visit our Support page here: How do I pause live television on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is it possible to use Live TV Pause with a 16GB USB drive without a Roku TV? I have a Samsung UH

Jump to solution

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Live TV Pause is only available on the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

For more information regarding Live TV Pause, visit our Support page here: How do I pause live television on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi, sorry for simply “not getting it” but I’m super confused about being able to pause live tv. I know I need a USB, but where am I supposed to put it? I have two ports on the back of my ROKU- one is for power, the other is for the HDMI. Am I crazy? Thanks in advance for any clarification that can be provided.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Jump to solution

Roku tv, is an actual TV, with a screen, that is only roku with live tv feature. A console roku like you have DOES NOT have this feature. Sorry.

0 Kudos
billhere
Level 7

Jump to solution

I believe Live TV pause only works with a TCL, Insignia, Sharp, Phillips and Hicense sets that are branded as Roku TV's. It works quite well but it's not a DVR by any means. You can pause one channel for up to 90 minutes, then rewind and fast forward as desired.

0 Kudos
crunge89
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is disappointing, but thanks for confirming it's not possible without a RokuTV.

0 Kudos