Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdweeks

Installed soundbar and now Cable Box is not shown on Quick Access

Jump to solution

Today, I installed a Roku Soundbar on my Roku TV.  I was put back through the channel selection, etc.  But now I am not offered the Cable Box (on HDMI3) on the Quick Access list. 

I can get to my Cable connection only by using the TIVO or Guide buttons on THAT remote. But that removes the opening of a default station when I get there.  How to get the Cable Box on the Quick Access?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Installed soundbar and now Cable Box is not shown on Quick Access

Jump to solution

As long as you use the Soundbar remote you will end up on the Soundbar home screen that doesn't have input tiles. Put the Roku Soundbar remote away, just use the Roku tv remote, you will still get sound out of the Soundbar, and you will have input tiles that are only on the Roku tv home screen. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kdweeks,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Just to verify, are you using the Roku Soundbar remote or the remote that came with the Roku TV when accessing the Home screen?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

As long as you use the Soundbar remote you will end up on the Soundbar home screen that doesn't have input tiles. Put the Roku Soundbar remote away, just use the Roku tv remote, you will still get sound out of the Soundbar, and you will have input tiles that are only on the Roku tv home screen. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.