Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slartibartfast
Level 7

Insignia Roku TV, Excellent Signal Strength, extremely slow Internet Download Speed

I have AT&T fiber 1 Gbps service and an Insignia NS-32DR310NA17 Roku TV (5408X). Software Version 9.2.0 build 4805-20. Typical Ookla speed tests on my wired computer run around 940 Mbps download and about the same upload. My WiFi speed tests typically run around 415 Mbps download and 350 Mbps upload. Signal strength at the Roku TV is -50dBm. The Roku TV is connected to the 5 GHz band on channel 157. 

The problem is that the Roku is reporting 19 Mbps Internet download speed. The response to the remote when selecting channels on youtube TV is also very slow. 

In addition to some of the more common troubleshooting actions (power cycle the TV and gateway, move the TV to a different location, etc ...) I have reset the network connection and used the built-in app on the AT&T gateway/router/wifi to find the clearest 5 GHz channel (157). Still 19 Mbps.

I'm in the process of dropping cable and going to fully streaming. I was intending to go with Roku devices on my other TVs but now, not so much.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
kingdomperspect
Level 7

Re: Insignia Roku TV, Excellent Signal Strength, extremely slow Internet Download Speed

I have a sharp tv and tcl, this is the 3rd wifi router I have purchased and I'm only getting 19 Mbps.  Tablet is almost getting the 200 Mbps that Spectrum promised.  It has to be the Ruko TV's...😰

0 Kudos