Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pielgrzym
Level 8

Insignia AirPlay screen-mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have a weird problem: just recently I found out that Roku TV supports (natively) AirPlay now. So I tried to screen-mirror my iPhone (iOS 14.2) and/or MacBook Pro (Mac OS Big Sur), and despite being able to select my TV when I click on AirPlay, I see nothing - TV screen is blank! I can stream via AirPlay if I actually load a Youtube/HBOMax content onto my iPhone / MacBook, but I can't screen - mirror.

Any idea why that is?

How do I setup Airplay 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pielgrzym
Level 8

Re: Insignia AirPlay screen-mirroring not working

Jump to solution

I figured it out! 

Turns out that using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, instead of 5.0GHz did the trick. And it doesn't even have to be on both - iPhone and the TV. Just the TV on 2.4 is enough.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MsMojo
Level 7

Re: Airplay - Not working at all

Jump to solution

-Roku device model- A105X
-serial number - X00300M5WS3P
-device ID - S051Y985WS3P
-software OS/version - 9.4.0.4190

Neither of my Apple devices is seeing the Roku. I have a Macbook, iphone and iPad.

All are on the same network. All have been reset (Roku as well) nothing has worked to get the Airplay to work.

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 8

Re: Airplay - Not working at all

Jump to solution

this link helped me identify devices that weren't compatible. It looks like your Mac might be not be. Here is the link...

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 8

Jump to solution

there is a menu selection on the Roku device for screen mirroring under the Setting option.

0 Kudos
pielgrzym
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. Yes, I know about it. I've set it to "Prompt" - nothing. I set it to "Allow All" - nothing.

Don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
pielgrzym
Level 8

Jump to solution

I figured it out! 

Turns out that using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, instead of 5.0GHz did the trick. And it doesn't even have to be on both - iPhone and the TV. Just the TV on 2.4 is enough.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

@delfuego wrote:

there is a menu selection on the Roku device for screen mirroring under the Setting option.

Settings/System/Screen mirroring is only for Miracast-based screen mirroring.

Settings/Apple AirPlay & HomeKit is only for AirPlay-based screen mirroring.

0 Kudos