Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krobinso
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Oh my GOODNESS!!!!  I appreciate all your hard work trying to help others.  This is such a sore topic with me! I've had 3 Roku TV'S and mirroring failed on all 3.  ALL ROADS LEAD BACK TO ROKU.    I've had an ongoing support ticket for the past 3 months. It was never resolved. The manufacturers Warranty doesn't cover "software" problems,  Does ROKU care?  I'd say no. They won't even provide a 1-800 number!  I refuse to buy another ROKU anything.  My last 55" is an Android.  Make the switch!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MsMojo

Re: Airplay - Not working at all

Jump to solution

-Roku device model- A105X
-serial number - X00300M5WS3P
-device ID - S051Y985WS3P
-software OS/version - 9.4.0.4190

Neither of my Apple devices is seeing the Roku. I have a Macbook, iphone and iPad.

All are on the same network. All have been reset (Roku as well) nothing has worked to get the Airplay to work.

0 Kudos
pielgrzym
Reel Rookie

Insignia AirPlay screen-mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have a weird problem: just recently I found out that Roku TV supports (natively) AirPlay now. So I tried to screen-mirror my iPhone (iOS 14.2) and/or MacBook Pro (Mac OS Big Sur), and despite being able to select my TV when I click on AirPlay, I see nothing - TV screen is blank! I can stream via AirPlay if I actually load a Youtube/HBOMax content onto my iPhone / MacBook, but I can't screen - mirror.

Any idea why that is?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay - Not working at all

Jump to solution

this link helped me identify devices that weren't compatible. It looks like your Mac might be not be. Here is the link...

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Re: Insignia AirPlay screen-mirroring not working

Jump to solution

there is a menu selection on the Roku device for screen mirroring under the Setting option.

0 Kudos
pielgrzym
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Yes, I know about it. I've set it to "Prompt" - nothing. I set it to "Allow All" - nothing.

Don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
pielgrzym
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured it out! 

Turns out that using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, instead of 5.0GHz did the trick. And it doesn't even have to be on both - iPhone and the TV. Just the TV on 2.4 is enough.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@delfuego wrote:

there is a menu selection on the Roku device for screen mirroring under the Setting option.

Settings/System/Screen mirroring is only for Miracast-based screen mirroring.

Settings/Apple AirPlay & HomeKit is only for AirPlay-based screen mirroring.

0 Kudos

Re: Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

I think i may have found a way. If you go on power in settings you will see restart. Press that instead of turning it off and on on the remote. But make sure that the screen mirroring is on always on. I couldn't find any app or method that would work so i experimented.

phelankrp
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

Well I'll be darned!  THAT WORKED!

Restarting using the remote in settings did it instead of unplugging!  Yah!  Thank you thank you thank you!