Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RB58
Level 7

Image of Roku remote and OK button on screen

Jump to solution

Starting last night during the airing of Prodigal Son an image of the Roku remote and the OK button started appearing on the left side of my screen (TCL 2017 55” roku tv). Clicking the OK button did precisely nothing. I am clearly not the only person as evidenced by a topic on Reddit in /r/roku. 

Is this a feature that is being developed? Something that went wrong in a firmware update? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Image of Roku remote and OK button on screen

Jump to solution
@RB58
You're very welcome! Please feel free to keep us posted if you see this popping up again.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for the note here.

Is this image persistent on screen? Does turning your TV off and back on again remove the image?

Please feel free to send me a private message with the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About and I'll help take a closer look to assist you further.

Thanks!
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
RB58
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sent details in PM.

No the image isn't persistent, but it returns within a varying timeframe of every 30 to 120 seconds. It will stay up for about 20 to 40 seconds. Then return.

It does seem from the thread on reddit (which I also referenced in my PM) that most observed this first during the airing of the tv show Prodigal Son on FOX. It kept reappearing afterwards too though during all other programming.

0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yep I get this to rediculous. It happens on all inputs. When starting my xbox one x game in the game manu the stupid remote ok button pops up and cant get rid of it.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks again for letting us know. Our team believes this issue has now been resolved.

Please go ahead and restart your TV, and let us know if you continue to see this pop up occurring throughout the day.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
RB58
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt attention! I'll monitor it for a few days and see how it does.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@RB58
You're very welcome! Please feel free to keep us posted if you see this popping up again.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos