Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tambreet
Channel Surfer

IR remote for TCL TV?

Jump to solution

I got a new TCL Roku 55R535 TV and it came with a Wifi voice remote. My sound bar only works with IR. Does anyone know if the TV will also work with an IR remote? And if so, which remotes that Roku sells are IR? Is the "Simple Remote' the best option for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IR remote for TCL TV?

Jump to solution

Yes, it responds to IR remote, but Roku doesn't sell Roku TV IR remotes you would have to get it from the tv manufacturer. I would go to ebay, roku tv IR remote are plenty and for under $10 too. You can tell its an Roku tv IR remote by the tv power key and the crescent moon sleep timer key in place of where the microphone key on your voice remote. Tcl roku tv use the same code set as the insignia, onn, westinghouse, magnavox, philips, haier, hitachi, element, sanyo, rca, and jvc Roku tv remotes. Just stay away from Hisense & Sharp roku tv remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, it responds to IR remote, but Roku doesn't sell Roku TV IR remotes you would have to get it from the tv manufacturer. I would go to ebay, roku tv IR remote are plenty and for under $10 too. You can tell its an Roku tv IR remote by the tv power key and the crescent moon sleep timer key in place of where the microphone key on your voice remote. Tcl roku tv use the same code set as the insignia, onn, westinghouse, magnavox, philips, haier, hitachi, element, sanyo, rca, and jvc Roku tv remotes. Just stay away from Hisense & Sharp roku tv remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tambreet
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! Picked one up on eBay and hopefully it works!

0 Kudos
Ace_Rabinowitz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HI, I was able to get my TCL Series 6 Roku TV to properly respond to my Sofabaton U1 universal remote after putting a mirror, at a 45 degree upward angle, under the TCL logo at the bottom center of the TV. It appears that the TV's IR receiver faces down, rather than forward.