Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abdouben

I want to install Shahid app on my TCL Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Hi,

There's a big arab community in USA, why you want let us install shahid app on your device, I don't understand that,  we choose to buy your product but it's not satisfying our needs. 

Please think on this issue. 

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: I want to install Shahid app on my TCL Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Hi @Abdouben

Thank you for the post.

The Shahid app may not be available on Roku devices for a variety of reasons, including:

• Platform support: The developer of the Shahid app may have chosen not to release the app on the Roku platform. The developer may have focused their efforts on other platforms, or may not have had the resources to develop and maintain the app for the Roku platform.
  • Regional availability: The availability of the Shahid app on Roku devices may vary depending on your region or country. The app may not be available in your region due to licensing or other agreements.

If you are unable to find the Shahid app on your Roku device, you can try searching for it on other streaming platforms or devices. Alternatively, you may want to consider using the Shahid website or mobile app to access the content you are interested in.

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Abdouben

Thank you for the post.

The Shahid app may not be available on Roku devices for a variety of reasons, including:

• Platform support: The developer of the Shahid app may have chosen not to release the app on the Roku platform. The developer may have focused their efforts on other platforms, or may not have had the resources to develop and maintain the app for the Roku platform.
  • Regional availability: The availability of the Shahid app on Roku devices may vary depending on your region or country. The app may not be available in your region due to licensing or other agreements.

If you are unable to find the Shahid app on your Roku device, you can try searching for it on other streaming platforms or devices. Alternatively, you may want to consider using the Shahid website or mobile app to access the content you are interested in.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Lily2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes please we need Shahid app on roku tv here in canada too.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lily2000

Thank you for the post!

Unfortunately, the Shahid app is not currently available on the Roku Channel Store in Canada or the United States. The availability of apps on Roku devices is dependent on the app developers and their licensing agreements with Roku.

However, you may be able to stream content from Shahid on your TCL Roku TV through a third-party app or by using a screen mirroring feature. Some third-party apps like "Web Video Caster" or "All Screen Receiver" allow you to cast content from your smartphone or computer to your Roku device.

Alternatively, you can use the screen mirroring feature on your TCL Roku TV to display the content from your smartphone or computer on the TV screen. This feature is available on most Roku devices and can be accessed through the "Settings" menu.

Keep in mind that the quality of the stream may vary depending on your internet connection and the performance of your device. Also, using third-party apps or screen mirroring may not be an ideal solution since they may not provide the full features and functionality of the official Shahid app.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bella0022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spoke to costumer service at shahid app yesterday 

they told on ruko tv the app available in Europe Africa Asia and the Middle East and Canada USA isn’t available coz it’s rukp North America isn’t allowing the app to be available…

so can you plz add shahid app since the entire world have it and it supports that platform … np excuses 

Jump to solution

I am located in california, USA. I just bought roku streaming stick 4K, and I was disappointed to know that shahid is not supported. I am returning my roku device, and I want to let you know the reason.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @moosonline6,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about the Shahid channel in your region. Please be advised that channel availability or access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location. However, channels may not be available on your device in that location based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'll want to contact the channel provider's support service to inquire further about whether they offer their channel service on the Roku platform in your region.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kemo81

Jump to solution

Just use Samsung or LG TVs. Will give you want you’re looking for. That’s what I did. 

Bella0022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can’t afford to buy new tv 

so that’s not option 

0 Kudos
Safaa

Jump to solution

Me too! I really hope they add shahid app 

0 Kudos