cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoobieD
Reel Rookie

I want a full wireless Roku audio system AND a 70" Roku TV

Jump to solution

Ok, the wife has given permission to go to a 70" TV. We're a Roku household. I need the TV to be Roku because my FIL has OTA channels that he likes, and Roku TVs integrate that so seamlessly even he can use it. BUT, I also love the idea of a fully wireless Roku surround sound speaker system that integrates seamlessly with my tv. The only issue is I'd have to use Roku soundbar to do that. Will the redundancy of a Roku TV and Roku soundbar cause problems?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I want a full wireless Roku audio system AND a 70" Roku TV

Jump to solution

@DoobieD

Thanks for the inquiry.

In short, no the redundancy will not cause problems. 

For more information about connecting your Roku TV and audio products, visit our Support page here: Build a Roku surround sound system

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DoobieD

Thanks for the inquiry.

In short, no the redundancy will not cause problems. 

For more information about connecting your Roku TV and audio products, visit our Support page here: Build a Roku surround sound system

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I have had Roku tv and Roku soundbar connected to each other for over year and half, never any trouble. If you just want the soundbar for better sound, never touch its remote, that way you will never see its home screen, just the Roku tv's home screen. I would turn off the seasonal theme so roku can't be switched to same theme on itrs own. Stay with purple soundbar theme. Each Roku tv has its own default theme, TCL's are Red, Hisense is Green. I'm sure other brands have their own colors. This way you're are sure what roku device you're on. Of course Roku tv's  home screen is the only one with input tiles. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos